TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Pierce withdraws from Olympics

View Single Post

Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:23 PM   #62
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pierce withdraws from Olympics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zébulon View Post
The French Federation shouldn't have selected Lary in the first place, they're the ones Amélie blamed, not Mary.
I thought Amélie might be selected for the singles and go now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
lol well i guess we can conclude that France wont medal this year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serval View Post
Those FFT cretins should be on their knees begging Momo to come back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Even_Amateur View Post
Amelie did not act irrationally or out of spite; she acted exactly how she should've. She has been treated like crap by the FFT and now also by Mary. Absolutely ridiculous, considering she has 1 million times of a chance of winning anything at the Olympics than the likes of Pierce, Cornet or any other Frenchie. Totally ludicrous.
Of course that French Federation is guilty, not Mary. They should say Razzano that she will be 1st reserve before situation about Pierce and Golovin will be more clean. In womens competition Mauresmo and Pierce is best French players in last 70 years, won 4 slams and FED CUP for France and reach #1 and #3 place in the worlds ranking (and Mauresmo is also silver medalist from last Olympics), so i dont think Razzano will complain b/c such logical decission... and chances that Pierce or Golovin will not play is very big. For example Russian Federation after stupid decission from Athens/04 to not select after RG/04 worse ranked than Petrova Wimbledon/04 champion Sharapova - this time already after Safina reach RG final involve her in team instead better ranked TOP8 Chakvetadze.

In tennis at Olympics (ATP/WTA) will be compete about 50 countries and about half of all withdraws players will be from same country - FRANCE So their Tennis Federation is simple Useless in best case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
FRANCE TENNIS BEIJING/08 OLIMPICS TEAM case is one of most pathetic stories in new history of Olympics games

(sorted by June 11 rankings)
Richard Gasquet
Marion Bartoli
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Alize Cornet
Paul-Henri Mathieu
Tatiana Golovin
Gilles Simon
Virginie Razzano
Mary Pierce
Amelie Mauresmo

Gael Monfils
Michael Llodra
Pauline Parmentier
...to be continue

bold - withdraw
blue - questionable

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote