TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ajla Tomljanovic thread!

View Single Post

Old Jul 12th, 2008, 01:47 AM   #6
country flag Paule22

Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute Paule22 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ajla Tomljanovic thread!

She was playing the G1 Juniors tournament in Essen,Germany which is next to my place. She is quite tall for a 15y old, thats what I thought, too.

She had some problems against some czech girl and had to go for three sets. It was one of the only matches at the tournament where the 2 girls were able to hit really hard and flat already, it was quite good to watch because both did not make to many mistakes and had some nice ralleys. Ajla too often tried to play drop shots, but these were not good enough so Hancova was able to get these. She also was not playing very aggressive and always waited for Hancova to make some faults(which did not happen at least in 2nd set). Hancova was even dictating the ralleys most of the times. I think she has too work on her serve, to make it more effective and just has to start to play her own game, not just reacting to the opponent. She definetely has the strokes for that.