TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Discovery Thread

View Single Post

Old Jul 11th, 2008, 01:35 AM   #46
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The ''Discovery'' Thread

^^
Yes, I know what you mean

Yesterday the Rod Laver QLD Junior Championships finished.
I think that TQ had a record number of entrants (over 650) which means it's looking pretty good at the grassroots level.

2 players, Ashleigh Barty and Lyann Hoang, won titles.
Barty, 12, was the top seed for the 12&U singles event and No.2 for the doubles. She dropped only 19 games in 10 matches to win the singles and doubles titles. Hardly surprising. One to watch out for.

Even more impressive was the form of Hoang, 12. As the No.2 seed in the 14&U event, Hoang made it through to the semi finals without dropping a game. She then beat the third seed 6-1 6-2 and the top seed 7-6(4) 6-4 to win the title. Another to look out for.

Teiwa Casey and her partner Katy O'Shea are in the semi finals of the Darwin ITF Junior doubles event also, good luck and well done to them.

And azza and co, if you don't like this thread or the material it contains, then don't post in it