TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Lesley Kerkhove

Thread: Lesley Kerkhove
View Single Post

Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:19 AM   #37
country flag Dinkie

Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of Dinkie has much to be proud of
Re: Lesley Kerkhove

Lesley Blog from Wimbledon

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...rticleid=18870

TUESDAY - LESLEY

Hi, I've had a great day today, I've just won my doubles match with Arantxa and earlier today I won my singles match against Linda Berlinecke.

After having the day off yesterday, because I played my first round singles on Saturday, it was a busy day today. Yesterday, I practiced with Arantxa and Richel (Hogenkamp) for a couple of hours, and we headed back to the university at about 5pm. We hung out in the evening, and passed some time on the internet, so a pretty relaxing day, so today was pretty different.

I didn't make a good start to my singles match today, I lost the first set 57 but I stayed calm and played alot better in the next to sets. I won the match 57 62 63 and I'm really happy, Arantxa also won her singles today, so the Dutch players are doing well.

I'll have to go now, it's 8.30pm and I only just finished my doubles, so I'll be back tomorrow...

Lesley

SATURDAY - LESLEY

Hello, I’m Lesley Kerkhove and I’m going to be your blogger for Wimbledon. I’m from Holland, a place called Zierikzee, it’s in the south of Holland. It’s my first time here in Wimbledon, it’s a really big tournament and it’s really nice.

I’m so happy that I won my first round match, I played Rebecca Marino from Canada, it was a tough match. I was 3-0 up in the first set but lost the set 6-3, she came back 3-1, then 3-2 and then we had a really long game, and she won that too and I didn’t win another game in the set. I won the second set 63 but went 3-1 down in the final set. She served for 4-1 but I broke for 3-2, I was so happy, it was a really good time to break then I held serve and broke her again to lead 4-3 and I finished up winning 64.

I really like grass, last week I reached the semis in Roehampton and that helped me because I had alot of matches last week.

After my match I had to do a TV interview so that was quite exciting. It was for a Dutch channel called Net 5 and they took me to the room of the TV centre. I got a really nice view of Wimbledon and all the courts.

I've been in London for a week now, I'm travelling with some other Dutch players, Xander Spong, Arantxa Rus, and Richel Hogenkamp and our coach Eddy Banks. We have explored the area a bit outside of Roehamton where we having been playing. We went for dinner in a restaurant called Wagamamas, it's like a noodle bar and the food was really good. It's nice to have a change from the same thing all the time.

Tomorrow we have the day off so we will practice together in preparation for Monday.

So that's all for today, I'll let you know how things go on Monday.
Dinkie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote