TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Bogdan Elena

Thread: Bogdan Elena
View Single Post

Old Jun 6th, 2008, 11:37 PM   #39
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Elena Bogdan (ROU), Storming Up The Ranks!

“It means very much to me to be in the final,” said Bogdan. “I’ve never been in a final like this and also playing against another Romanian, a friend of mine means it’s going to be a very big match. It never happened before and it’s great.” Bogdan beat Lenka Jurikova of Slovakia 7-5, 4-6, 6-4 to earn her shot at the title and afterwards she admitted that the occasion had very nearly got to her in the semi-finals. “Today I was a little bit nervous. I don’t know why, but I was like dizzy because I was so nervous and I called the doctor. He gave me a pill but I think I was just a bit too nervous. It was good that I won.” When asked how she got past her bout of stage fright, Bogdan laughed and said: “I didn’t! I just fought and I tried to play my game and that’s how I got through. I’m a little bit tired after this match but I will recover.”

Bogdan and Halep are on good terms away from the court and once shared a coach, so there should be no surprises when they face each other on Sunday. “We are friends, we know each other very well,” said Bogdan. “I don’t think it makes it harder that she is a friend, I think it will be the same. It will be good that I know her game and that might make it easier but then she also knows how I play so we will see.” Bogdan also knows that she will have her work cut out against Halep, who has been enjoying a rich vein of form since the European clay-court season began and has won her last 11 matches, including a tournament victory in the Grade A Trofeo Bonfiglio in Milan.

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...rticleid=18785

Two pictures of her this time, she really wanted this final it seems. So emotional.