TennisForum.com - View Single Post - NCAA Championship predictions

View Single Post

Old May 21st, 2008, 01:55 AM   #46
tennis_pIayer

tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all
Re: NCAA Championship predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
The sad part for both teams is next year is definitely a rebuilding year and either will have a tough time making quarters/semis of NCAAs. Schnack and Remynse will go from playing No. 3/4 to most likely No. 1/2. I imagine Nina Pantic will put in the No. 3 spot followed by Joelson at No. 4, and incoming freshman Alexandria Walters at No. 5.

Cal is lucky it picked up Cossou this year as she will play No. 1 next year and has at least shown she can handle the top spot. I'm predicting No. 2 singles will go to freshman Mari Andersson followed by red shirt senior Marion Ravelojaona at No. 3. I think she'll keep Ilcinkas at No. 4 (or possibly swap her with Marion). Bobusic will move to No. 5 and incoming freshman Stephany Chang at No. 6.

That being said the Pac-10 won't be as strong as it has been in years past. Stanford had it's transition period this year although they will have a very young team next year (four returning starters but they're starting six will be 2 freshman, 2 sophomores, 1 junior, and 1 senior). It's USC's opportunity to take the Pac-10 reigns next year. They better hope the sophomore slump is not a new tradition (ie Fink and Fansler's sophomore slump) that Sanchez and Entekhabi pick up.
USC really should've won the pac-10 last year when they had Nelson, fansler, Fink, Diane Matias, AncaAnastasiu and Judy Devera. That was a really good team but of course they couldn't manage to beat stanford, ucla, and even lost to a very mediocre miami team at 1-3 singles.
Next year, i def see ucla/cal slipping. But i don't see usc taking the helms. The USC coach just isn't very good at developing players and improving their weaknesses. They keep the same game after 4 years and they most definitely don't play TOGETHER. stanford will probably gain their place again given they lose only durkin/deason/hodjic, all pretty noncontributory to success.
Congrats to UCLA
tennis_pIayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote