TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Klara Koukalova Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old Apr 19th, 2008, 03:13 PM   #1163
country flag Lunaris
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute Lunaris has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Klara "Kookie" Zakopalova Cheering Thread

Klára lost to Kirilenko 6-2 3-6 5-7

Klára could have taken this one in two sets, though. She had 3 BP's in a row three times in the 2nd set but managed to break only once. After that she became a bit frustrated and her level of play, which was excellent during the first half of the match, dropped.
In the first three games of the match her backhand looked vulnerable and I thought Kirilenko would exploit it, but Klára became more confident with it in the later stages of the opener. Her forehand and returns were also great, crushing, deep and did a lot of damage. But as I said, after blowing all those breakpoints in the 2nd UE started creeping into Klára's game more and her body language didn't look good (although it rarely does). Third set was close as the scoreline suggests. Both players had their share of brilliant moments as well as crappy ones. Maria broke Klára immediately but was broken right back, then both girls held their serves with more or less problems. In the end I think Maria was the more courageous of the two, Klára was rather often way behind the baseline and was making too many unforced errors, while Maria picked up her level of play in the last several games and frustrated Klara with many dropshots. At 5-6* Kirilenko served for the match and went up 40-0, Klára fought back to deuce, but then made two unforced errors to lose the game and the match.

This will hurt for a while, I really wanted Klára to win.
Lunaris is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote