TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! **

View Single Post

Old Apr 15th, 2008, 07:29 AM   #1502
country flag mal

mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold mal is a splendid one to behold
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! **

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Maria is a marketing machine

AP Maria Sharapova

Sharapova officially is ranked No. 5 and coming off a Bausch & Lomb championship on Sunday on Amelia Island, Fla., but unquestionably No. 1 among many tennis fans and people who wouldn't know a half volley from a kick serve.

Five years later, she is the player and personality veteran sports business analyst Darren Rovell of CNBC described as 'the most marketable athlete in the history of women's sports.'

Sharapova carefully has crafted what she describes as 'relationships' with sponsors. They include Prince, Nike, Gatorade, Canon, Land Rover, Tag Heuer, Motorola, Tropicana and Colgate.
Just one question: Prince I understand, I like him better than Chris Rea despite having a dog's name, Land Rover, same, good company, but why Tag Heuer, and not Olympic or Seiko, and why not Mitsubishi, who are the biggest collector of international art with pots of money, with a couple of Van Goghs worth over $100,000,000 and a military division to rival that of, thinks um um Fujitsu General, (Japan's equivalent of Genereal Electric in the USA) also with tons of money?

Quote:
For an estimated $1 million per year, Sharapova is 'the global female face for Gatorade.'
Which is quite understandable.

Quote:
Which is quite a responsibility until you realize Rovell has Sharapova on his list of the three 'most marketable current athletes.' Tiger Woods and LeBron James are the others.
Which is news. I knew Tiger was good, but I never knew he was one. Personally I'd have ranked Serena and Venus Williams above him.

Quote:
Not bad for a teen who doesn't turn 21 until Saturday, hopefully celebrating somewhere in Charleston.

Sure, until you compare her to Alexander the Great.
mal is offline View My Blog!