TennisForum.com - View Single Post - irish tennis

Thread: irish tennis
View Single Post

Old Mar 25th, 2008, 03:49 AM   #55
country flag Tipp

Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of Tipp has much to be proud of
Re: irish tennis

I agree, what we need is one breakout star to draw the media's attention to tennis and get more young kids interested, some of which will hopefully go on to be great players themselves, which gets even more media attention, and so on. But at the moment the opposite is happening - no big names in tennis, so nobody pays attention to the sport, so most kids have no interest and so Irish tennis stagnates even more, and on and on. We don't even need a top 10 tennis player or Grand Slam champ or anything like that, we just need someone to make any kind of waves on the senior international circuit.

Look at Denmark at the moment. They've never had a big player, but I'm sure Caroline Wozniacki's success is helping to boost interest in the sport, and she hasn't even gotten to any major finals yet. But when are we going to get our Wozniacki
Tipp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote