TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Marina Erakovic Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old Feb 29th, 2008, 04:31 AM   #184
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Welcome to the top 100 Marina Erakovic!!! Semifinal tomorrow against Lindsay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DOKIC View Post
Marina's win over Bepa was hardly shocking to me. Bepa has always been inconsistent and really anyone in the top 100 could have beaten the old her (loving the new and improved Bepa ) But i agree that Kvitova's win over Venus was the upset of the year so far, I'd also be tempted to lean towards Lisicki's win over Davenport in Fed Cup, but if Marina could triumph over Davenport it would definately be top 3 upsets so far.

How could you think Erakovic def. Zvonereva could be more of an upset than Erakovic def. Davenport?
Because Vera Zvonareva was a finalist in the previous two years at the ASB Classic. Vera said in a number of interviews that Auckland was one of her favourite tournaments of the year and that's why she so strongly backed it to remain on the schedule from 2009 onwards.

On top of that this is Marina's second semifinal, she will be better mentally prepared than she was last time...