TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Vladimira Uhlirova

View Single Post

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 03:30 PM   #43
country flag jelena_jankovic

jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold jelena_jankovic is a splendid one to behold
Re: Vladimira Uhlirova

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefi62 View Post
I attended the match yesterday. Vladka and Eva started the match very well, especially Vladka. She was so good at the serve (I got surprised because of her height that she could serve that well!). They lead 5-0 I think, then won it 6-3, is it? Eva has huge grounstrokes with her forehand, and used great returns, either cross or long line, really good. Her serve did not impress me though. Then second set was good on the first part, then they started to unfocus, and lost it totally because of their own mistakes. In Super Tie Break, that was very close. At 7-8*, well, I started to think it'd be difficult. Then followed 3 match points, and the girls made the best of it. They finally got their first and only matchpoint, and scored.
When leaving the court, they looked at my friends and I and thanked us for cheering. She is aware we are Liezel Huber's supporters, but took time to look at all of us at the end, and said "Merci" in French. I saw her again later, and once again she thanked me, and so did Eva. Their team is so funny, they have one head difference in height, but Vladka at the net ready to poach and Eva at the back hitting grounstrokes seems to be a great combination! I hope they do well tomorrow, if only they could avenge Cara and Liezel...
Thanks a lot for your nice match report! Looks like they lost concentration at the end of the sets...but a win is a win
jelena_jankovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote