TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Laura Robson

Thread: Laura Robson
View Single Post

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 09:40 AM   #23
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson

I saw the second set on the final on ES. Laura has such a great game!!!! She is very complete & mature for her age, I think. She has good grounstrokes, not as powerful as Daria's but she can find much depth & nice angles on her forehand. I like the way she constructs her rallies, playing very long to finish at the net. Her first serve is just excellent, much variety & power . I honestly think she is a better player that Gavrilova who is a mix of Sharapova (with some aggressive shots) & Smashnova (she always hit moonballs in defense! ). She has more skills & plays smarter.
What made the difference is first, the fact that Daria seemed much fresher than Laura & then the frustration Laura felt because of very close calls which favoured Gavrilova. She hit too many doublefault as well. She completely lost her concentration from 3/3 to the end.
She was very sad when she received the finalist trophy .

Good luck Laura in your next matches . She is definitely one of those players that willl bring something to the tour.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!