TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Blic: Jelena and Monika to play exibition in Belgrade next year!

View Single Post

Old Dec 27th, 2007, 10:06 AM   #24
country flag rolandg

rolandg is a name known to all rolandg is a name known to all rolandg is a name known to all rolandg is a name known to all rolandg is a name known to all rolandg is a name known to all rolandg is a name known to all rolandg is a name known to all rolandg is a name known to all rolandg is a name known to all rolandg is a name known to all
Re: Blic: Jelena and Monika to play exibition in Belgrade next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDoIt View Post
Okay, I will say this and wil lstop then

She was born in Serbia, she started playing tennis here and them moved to USA ( just like Jankovic ) and was playing for Serbia ( Yugoslavia back then ) ! I mean, what should we say for US, UK, AUS and other countries who are ofering money and better training conditions just to play for them ? Monica was born in Novi Sad ( my town ) where Hungarians are 2-5% and they mostly dont speak Hungarian and feel like Serbs
I think the thing with her is that she does speak Hungarian and probably does feel more Hungarian than Serbian.

I don't know. It is obviously quite a complicated issue, but I always felt sorry for her, always being criticised and having to deal with death threats and such for being Serbian, when she clearly didn't consider herself Serbian and had little attachment to the country.
rolandg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote