TennisForum.com - View Single Post - SORANA CIRSTEA vs. RALUCA OLARU

View Single Post

Old Nov 24th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #24
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SORANA CIRSTEA vs. RALUCA OLARU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi. View Post
Olaru IMO .. Cirstea did reach the WTA Final, but hasnt impressed me since .. And in Budapest she didnt play great, just that the draw was excellent for the final.

While Ralu
I'm certainly not convinced Olaru is superior to Cirstea. Sorana has had two tournaments this year where she has beaten not one, not two, but three top 100 players. Raluca has yet to ever beat more than two top 100 players in a tournament. When Sorana gets on a roll and gets a good opportunity that seems to be when she plays her best tennis. That bodes very well for the future. Sorana is also a full year younger than Raluca so in terms of age she is actually well ahead of where Raluca was a year ago. I would still say longterm it is impossible to make a sensible judgement on which one will have a better career. I can only say time will tell.

I also believe Monica Niculescu will be very much in the mix amongst the top Romanians too.