TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Most Points Won In A Row.

View Single Post

Old Nov 17th, 2007, 01:51 PM   #24
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Most Points Won In A Row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
Yarloslava Shvedova was up 5-0 40-0 in the first set against Amy Frazier in Memphis 2006 before she lost a point, so that's 23 points in a row . Shockingly, Frazier won the match 1-6 6-0 6-0 (I'm not kidding).

Here is the article I found:

Frazier in Turn-Around Wednesday at WTA Memphis

All five seeds in action advanced unscathed into the quarterfinals Wednesday at the WTA stop in Memphis in (3) Sofia Arvidsson (d. Raymond), (4) Laura Granville (d. Perebiynis), (6) Marta Domachowska (d. Sucha), (7) Amy Frazier (d. Shvedova, bageling the last two sets), and (8) Jill Craybas (d. (Q) Yuan).

In her victory the American Frazier didn't win a point until down 0-5, 0-40 in the first set.

"I've lost sets 6-0 before, but I was definitely on the verge of not getting a point," said Frazier, who will next face Shenay Perry. "She was playing unbelievable. I couldn't get into a point. She had six or seven aces and hit six or seven winners off my serve. If I got the ball back to her, she hit a winner. Once I was able to get into the points, I was able to get going."

Link: http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2006-02-23/d.php
Lmao. Wtf

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote