TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

View Single Post

Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 10:30 PM   #44
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the way to qualify for the YEC - Indoor season 2007 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
Luxembourg draw has been revealed today: not a great draw like Hantuchova but not a bad one either.

Anna Chakvetadze (1) vs BYE
Meilen Tu vs Julia Vakulenko
Sybille Bammer vs Tamira Paszek
Alona Bondarenko vs Marion Bartoli (5)

Daniela Hantuchova (4) vs BYE
Meghann Shaughnessy vs Q
Emilie Loit vs Q
Q vs Patty Schnyder (6)

Good luck Marion, go as far as possible and above all farther than Daniela!
You're on the money in mentioning Daniela,in my opinion;I have a hunch,FAR from scientific,that Serena may blow off the YEC.It's NOT that Marion's incapable of overtaking her or others,but it certainly clears things up if that 'free' spot comes open.SW seems to have very sporadic motivation this year,and she might not be willing to make much effort after having her ego humiliated by Henin.Also,the smaller YEC field makes it that much more likely that the sisters will have to face each other early on for a place in the semis,and that tends to disturb both of them.

That leaves Hantuchova...like Marion she's quite inconsistent,but I'll give our girl the nod for greater intensity.If she can stay close to her best most of the way,then she SHOULD wind up higher than Daniela in the standings.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote