TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kristina Mladenovic !!!!!

View Single Post

Old Jun 28th, 2007, 02:48 PM   #16
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kristina Mladenovic !!!!!

Kristina won the title, 64 62 against Vernet ! She is now Championne de France 13/14 ans in singles and doubles. I saw the match but I couldn't take pictures as my camera no longer had battery .

First of all, she is really tall. It is very weird to hear a child voice in a woman body ! I have to say that I was impressed by her opponent who gave no points to Kristina in the first set. Caroline is a great fighter and an efficient counterpuncher. She has really many difficulties to hit a winner though and her serve is, in one word, awful.

Kristina has never been threatened by Caroline's game only by her consistency. She only had to stay focused and to cut down her number of unforced errors. Caroline couldn't play better than she did in the first set, it was logical to see her outplayed in the second set. Kristina has a very strong and fluent serve, I love her motion. She hit 3 aces, I think, for 3 DFs. She seems to a complete player even if she has to work on her net game ; still, she can hit some good dropshots and nice slices on the backhand. Her biggest weapon is her forehand () - which indeed is very close to Mary's, even if her backhand is not bad either. She makes mistakes of course, but this is quite normal as she is young and ... in final. I like the fact that she always stays calm ; she doesn't grunt, her tennis seems very natural. All the crowd was cheering for her with many "allez Kiki" , this was great but also a little bit sad for Caroline who is a cute girl.

Overall, Kristina was the better player. If she keeps on working hard and improving her physical condition, she will become for sure a star. She has everything to be successful.

Congrats !

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote