TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Gisela News, Interviews & Articles

View Single Post

Old May 4th, 2007, 12:24 PM   #16
country flag Eugenia

Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future Eugenia has a brilliant future
Re: Gisela News, Interviews & Articles

Gisela Dulko's Estoril Player Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Hello again everyone!

Well it was tough but I managed to beat Flavia in three sets today. We know each other's games so well because we've played against each other a few times and of course have played doubles together. I played really well in the first set and won it, 6-3. She rose her game in the second set and I just didn't play so well, and I lost that, 6-3. But in the third set I felt great again; I fought hard and ran down a lot of balls in the first few games and started getting my confidence back and then started playing well again. I'm very happy to have won the match.

For me it's tough to play against a friend like Flavia. I always wish the best for her in her life and in her tennis career, so it's tough to compete against her. It can happen though, and so for the hour or two that you're playing, you have to forget they are your friend. At least this one was in the second round and not in the first round! Most of my friends on the Tour are the Italians, Spaniards and Argentines; my two best friends are Mariana Diaz-Oliva and Paola Suárez, but Mariana retired last year and Paola is injured, so that's not too good for me! I'm friends with Kirilenko too, and Camerin... I like playing doubles with my friends, too. I'd rather play doubles with someone I know well. It just feels better!

On Friday I play my quarterfinal against a young Belarussian, Victoria Azarenka. I was watching some of her match today, where she beat Schiavone. She's a good player. She's tough and hits hard. We've never played each other before and so I think it's going to be an interesting match.

I've won seven in a row now and hopefully I can win another. I'm playing well but more importantly I'm enjoying being out there, too. At the beginning of the year I wasn't feeling good at all - no confidence and everything just seemed difficult - but now I'm really starting to feel like I'm enjoying it all. I just want to keep on improving and hopefully by the French Open I can be in the Top 32 so I can be seeded; but I don't usually pay much attention to the rankings.

It's about 230pm right now and I have the rest of the day off. I'm done my match as well as my fitness for today. Estoril is a very nice city so maybe I'll go around the city this afternoon. I definitely won't be sticking around the hotel room all day, I did enough of nothing yesterday! Whatever I do, I'll tell you tomorrow.

I'll talk to you all after my match!

Gisela
¤WTA #1 Doubles Player / 2011 AO Doubles Champion¤

Paola Suárez ♥ María Emilia Salerni ♥ Clarisa Fernandez ♥ Paula Ormaechea ♥ Betina Jozami
Justine Henin ♥ Elena Dementieva ♥ Flavia Pennetta ♥ Daniela Hantuchova
Maria Sharapova ♥ Maria Kirilenko ♥ Nicole Vaidisova ♥ Dominika Cibulkova ♥ Ashley Harkleroad
Eugenia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote