TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Houston 1989: Seles d. Evert 3-6, 6-1, 6-4

View Single Post

Old Apr 21st, 2007, 10:56 PM   #12
country flag trivfun

trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of
Re: Houston 1989: Seles d. Evert 3-6, 6-1, 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by samn View Post
Huh? I don't think Seles ever set a record for serve speeds. In the 90s it was usually someone like Brenda Schultz Mc Carthy who racked up really high speeds. Seles had a good serve in her first incarnation, but I don't remember her serve being noted as a weapon until after her return to the tour in 1995. The one thing about her serve that puzzled me, though, was that she rarely, if ever, exploited the benefits of a lefty slice serve out wide.
Brenda Schultz came around in the 90's a little bit afterwards. This was Monica in 1990. She was kind of like Venus. Great first but a lousy second. However, she would go for aces in the second serve around the 1992 and 1993.