TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Houston 1989: Seles d. Evert 3-6, 6-1, 6-4

View Single Post

Old Apr 19th, 2007, 12:50 PM   #7
BCP

BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold
Re: Houston 1989: Seles d. Evert 3-6, 6-1, 6-4

I recently saw this match for the first time, and was struck by how much moonballing Monica did. She also tried this later that year at the US Open. I know she was only 15, but thankfully she by and large ditched that tactic. Chris, frankly, looked tired and every bit in her 30's in that match.

It was interesting to see the fundamentals at tht would form her world-beating game in its early stages. I agree with Samn- Jennifer's debut was given a lot of coverage, and she certainly delivered that tournament. I also think she was an even better player at 15 than Monica was at the same age, but maybe her rate of development was faster than Monca's (which was mind-boggling).
BCP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote