TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Raw tennis against diversity

View Single Post

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 01:07 AM   #8
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
i have to say i prefer all-court play. i don't like straight baseline play or straight serve and volley play. if i hada to choose it would be baseline but i prefer a player like the new bovina who has the power to match the top players from the baseline but can also goes to the net. another player like this is bedanova but she does not have quite as much power.

i have to admit that i like raw power on the serve and i think with the game as it is now, those players like tulyaganova, bielik, molik, petrova and baltacha will be consistent top 15 players if not top 10 for the next few years as long as they develop.

i think serena is trying to bring in an all-court game while others like capriati, venus and dokic are not. what i find wierd is that when venus, dokic and clijsters play doubles they do well and yet they do not volley much in singles.

i pick diversity over power.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote