TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Italian Renaissance (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Farina Elia 2004 thread!! (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=98107)

Farina Elia Fan Jan 3rd, 2004 04:56 PM

Farina Elia 2004 thread!!

Silvia Farina Elia starts the 2004 season in the gold coast againest Karolina Sprem!!

come on Silvia!!

Farina Elia Fan Jan 4th, 2004 09:54 AM

she lost 7-5 6-2! :fiery: :fiery:

GoSandrine Jan 9th, 2004 08:34 AM

Since reaching the quarters at Wimbledon last year she has really struggled. I hope she can regain her form quickly.

Better luck next week Silvia! :kiss:

GoSandrine Jan 13th, 2004 02:28 AM

Silvia is seeded third in Canberra and has a decent draw. She won her opening round match against Lubomira Kurhajcova of Slovakia 6-2, 6-2 and plays compatriot Mara Santangelo in the second round. I saw Mara play Tax a few months back at the US Open and she has alot of promise. However, my heart and my mind tells me to go with the cagey veteran here...

Go Silvia :smoke:

Farina Elia Fan Jan 13th, 2004 03:56 PM

Silvia won 6-3 6-3 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

now in the QF!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GoSandrine Jan 14th, 2004 02:14 AM

Three more to the title. Keep going Silvia!!! :bounce::yippee:

*JR* Jan 14th, 2004 11:03 PM

Gotta luv Silvia cuz she's got her own "JR nickname" (Cream of Farina Elia, the official hot cereal of the WTA)! :D And GS, since you're such an Italo-fan, is Le Lyons Lioness Living in Roma with Vittorio a factor in your screenname? :p

GoSandrine Jan 15th, 2004 02:49 AM

Silvia can sow my oats anytime :lick:

And Roger, to answer your question, I've always liked Sandrine. I first saw her play Monica at the US Open in 96? and she really impressed me with her all court game and spunk. She was hitting winners all over the place and I remember the CBS announcers remarking wow this girl can really strike the ball.

So it's just a bizzare coincidence that I'm of Italian descent (my grandfather was born in Calabria) and she hooked up with an Italian and lives in Rome. What's even more bizzare is my grandfather was born in the same town as Vittorio (Cossenza)!!! :eek: :D

As far as I'm concerned Sandrine is as Italian as Silvia. ;)

Farina Elia Fan Jan 15th, 2004 06:39 AM

Silvia Into Semis Of Canberra :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

*JR* Jan 15th, 2004 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoSandrine
And Roger, to answer your question, I've always liked Sandrine. I first saw her play Monica at the US Open in 96? and she really impressed me with her all court game and spunk. She was hitting winners all over the place and I remember the CBS announcers remarking wow this girl can really strike the ball.

So it's just a bizzare coincidence that I'm of Italian descent (my grandfather was born in Calabria) and she hooked up with an Italian and lives in Rome. What's even more bizzare is my grandfather was born in the same town as Vittorio (Cossenza)!!! :eek: :D

As far as I'm concerned Sandrine is as Italian as Silvia. ;)

Le Lyons Lioness needs Marti to unretire, too (to break that 0-16 :o in the h2h)! ;)

Sammm Jan 15th, 2004 03:21 PM

The score of the semis match was 6-3, 1-6, 6-3. A very good win over Maria Antonio Sanchez Lorenzo.

Farina Elia Fan Jan 16th, 2004 10:34 PM

farina elia defeated Valuenko 6-3 7-6 and is in the final againest Suarez!! come on Silvia win the title!

GoSandrine Jan 17th, 2004 03:45 AM

Silvia lost a crushing third set tiebreaker to my fave killer Paola. :fiery: :sad:

Still a good run which raises our hopes for Melbourne...

Forza Silvia!!! :kiss: :hug:

Farina Elia Fan Jan 17th, 2004 12:36 PM

Silvia had 5 championship points :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

GoSandrine Jan 17th, 2004 01:25 PM

And lost on a controversial overrule :mad:

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) -- Top-seeded Paola Suarez of Argentina won the Canberra Classic on Saturday, beating second-seeded Silvia Farina Elia of Italy 3-6, 6-4, 7-6 (5). The match ended in controversy when umpire John Blom overruled a linesman to call Farina Elia's ball out on match point. ``It was really close, but I saw it was out,'' Suarez said.