TennisForum.com

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/)
-   Tennis Poker (http://www.tennisforum.com/78-tennis-poker/)
-   -   2004 Olympic Games, singles and doubles: sign up! (http://www.tennisforum.com/78-tennis-poker/94293-2004-olympic-games-singles-doubles-sign-up.html)

DoctorG Nov 17th, 2003 03:16 PM

2004 Olympic Games, singles and doubles: sign up!

THE 2004 TENNIS POKER OLYMPICS!

Try to win an Olympic medal in singles and doubles! :bounce:

Both tournaments will start in the 2004 first leg with a qualifying round. The finals will be played in the 6th, when the real Olympics take place. Detailed schedule will be decided according to the number of entrants, but you will play only one main draw match per leg (That was the Tennis Poker format before 2002, board veterans might remember it. ;)).

Year-End Ranking will be used to decide who enters the main draw directly and who must play the qualifying round. No more than three players from the same country will be able to enter the main draw, but everyone will be guaranteed at least a spot in the qualies. As in the real sport world, passport changes are allowed. :hehehe:

Of course, if you’re playing the 2004 Fed Cup, you must represent the same country also in the Olympic Games. Playing Fed Cup is NOT compulsory for the Tennis Poker Olympics, but of course all the posters who sign up for these events must have a valid set of five players for the singles.

The doubles event will be played according to the new rules: the performance of each pair will be decided according to the geometric mean of the results by the two players in the singles.

DoctorG Nov 17th, 2003 03:17 PM

THE 2004 TENNIS POKER OLYMPICS!

All you need to do is posting in this thread:

:) your commitment for singles and/or doubles

:) the name of your partner, if you play the doubles

:) the country you’re going to represent

Deadline: February 8th

Thank you, good luck! :wavey:

carot Nov 17th, 2003 03:37 PM

so if i'm not with crow in the same fedcup team, i cannot compete with him in the doubles olympics? did i understand that correctly?

are double nationalities allowed? :D

Valda Lake Nov 17th, 2003 04:24 PM

That is what I was going to ask. Can we make up a country? If so...I commit to all events. In doubles we will play for Belgaria if we are allowed. Tim and I that is. Belgaria is a combo of Belgium and Bulgaria (two of our fav players home countries). I do not understand about Fed Cup though..is there only going to be 1 USA team and so forth? Thanks! :)

DoctorG Nov 18th, 2003 08:29 AM

Let's see if I can explain it a little bit better. :)

I hate to be strict, but I think a few guidelines should be used for the Olympics, as it's a special event and there should be some differences to add a little bit of variety. :)

Players who compete as a team at the Olympics must be from the same country: we won't see Ruano-Pascual / Suarez in Athens, and I think it's fair to do the same here. So, answering carot's question: you can play the Olympic doubles with The Crow only if, as you suggested in the other thread, he changes passport switching from Belgium to the Mean Admins Team Formerly Known as The Republic of Kouklara; or, of course, if you play for Belgium. ;)

Said that, the regular doubles tour and the Olympics can be played with two different partners. I'm sure many tennis players will do it next year.

Replying to Valda: Belgaria sounds great! :D Fantasy countries are welcome. If you and Tim represent Belgaria at the Olympics, you won't be able to play again for Ponderosa Posse in the next year's Fed Cup; but you and Tim may play also Fed Cup for Belgaria, as two players is enough to create a Fed Cup team.

While in the WTA Tour, playing Fed Cup is a requirement to be eligible for the Olympics, Tennis Poker Fed Cup is not compulsory in order to enter the Olympic tournaments.

Another note: there isn't any limit to the number of contestants for each country. For example, there might be 14 singles players and 7 doubles pairs representing USA, that's not a problem: the top 3 players and pairs will enter the main draw directly, while all the others will have to play the qualifying round. That's not related to Fed Cup at all.

If you have any doubt I'll be happy to answer your questions. :)

:wavey:

carot Nov 18th, 2003 09:50 AM

ah ok, it's good to know i could play Olympics doubles with another partner then! thanks! :)

The Crow Nov 18th, 2003 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carot
ah ok, it's good to know i could play Olympics doubles with another partner then! thanks! :)

:sad: :p

Rocketta Nov 22nd, 2003 02:39 AM

I'm in for Singles! and Doubles if Righteous is :inlove:

:wavey:

Rocketta Nov 22nd, 2003 02:42 AM

but wait a minute maybe I can't play with Righteous because he's not from my country?

:sad:

:rain:

:bigcry:

spencercarlos Nov 22nd, 2003 05:34 AM

In for SIngles.. Venezuela

Brian Stewart Nov 24th, 2003 09:12 AM

Can we rename the Ponderosa Posse as Belgaria? Can Doris and I also enter the doubles from that country? I'm in for singles, and doubles with Doris, however it works.

We need a color. The "lawn green" joke doesn't work so well away from the Ponderosa. :)

DoctorG Nov 24th, 2003 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketta
but wait a minute maybe I can't play with Righteous because he's not from my country?

:sad:

:rain:

:bigcry:

Unfortunately, yes, you must be from the same country. You can start a whole new Fed Cup team together, or switching from one's to the other's (for example, Rightous may replace my friend Tetetubby in Lunatic Pandora's team, as he said he wanted to represent Italy).

DoctorG Nov 24th, 2003 03:44 PM

2004 TENNIS POKER OLYMPICS ENTRY LIST

:) Belgaria
Valda Lake
Tim Wilson
Brian Stewart
Doris Loeffel
Valda Lake & Tim Wilson
Doris Loeffel & Brian Stewart

:) Venezuela
Petosp

Valda Lake Nov 24th, 2003 04:05 PM

OK...so we are set then...Brian and Doris will pick our team color. Thanks Doc! :)

Doris Loeffel Nov 24th, 2003 04:12 PM

how about this?

or

is this better??

shall this be it?? Plum for Pelgaria ähhmm I mean Belgaria ?

just to make clear

as I'm playing fed cup for Belgaria - I wont be able to enter for Pattyland as well in singles right?