TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Mansion of the Princess Chakvetadze (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=759)
-   -   Anna Tchakvetadze Fan Club (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=77769)

Dava Jul 5th, 2003 04:02 PM

Anna Tchakvetadze Fan Club

Who is she, should I care about her, and can I see some photos as well please!!!

TheBoiledEgg Jul 5th, 2003 04:17 PM

She's 16 (born 5 March 1987) of Georgian origin, born in Moscow
she's around 5'7/8 tall.

suprised me a little too by making it all the way to the final but she did play some great stuff when i was there.
Hits big and flat on both sides, has a pretty good 1st serve.
i left on Thursday about 7pm and she was 1-4 down to Krajicek in 1st so was suprised to see her win when i got home.
She's really improved since i last saw her, bigger and more power.

for pics goto ***************** and under Players section

LeonHart Jul 5th, 2003 04:52 PM

From the wimby site

She's pretty!! :D

KV Jul 5th, 2003 04:57 PM

Depending on if she's playing Juniors tourneys or Pro tourneys. If Anna plays, the Pro tourney, she will have a good chance to be top 500 ranked at the end of this year like Chemarda, Vesnina, Kirianova Shvedova and some others.

Never thought she'd reach the Wimbly Juniors final. Wow Anna

the cat Jul 5th, 2003 05:26 PM

After having such a great week, I'm expecting Anna T. to win the girls final. :D

I was very surprised by her great win over Michaela Krajicek who is alot stronger than Anna is even though she is 2 years younger than Anna. But Anna must have an inner toughness that champions need. And I hope she becomes the 2003 Wimbledon girls champion tomorrow.

Udachi Anna! :bounce:

P.S. - Thanks for the picture LH! :wavey: I hope Anna can grow a couple more inches in height and add some weight and muscle to her frame and skinny arms.

TheBoiledEgg Jul 5th, 2003 06:05 PM

In any Grand Slam semi-final, be it the Open event or the Juniors, it is often will power that makes the difference between players. The eleventh seed Emma Laine was reminded of that fact today when she was beaten by the Russian Anna Tchakvetadze, 6-4, 6-2.

The left-handed Finn led the match until 3-1 in the first set, but she suddenly didn’t seem to cope with the way the Russian started to fire herself up loudly after every point. From that point, Emma Laine was not the only one coming to the net and hitting passing shots.

The 17-year-old Russian broke Laine’s service game and, by forcing the Finn to try audacious points along the lines, she eventually managed to lead 5-4. After Laine missed two break points, the Russian claimed the set 6-4 in 44 minutes.

Although the Russian still looked – and sounded – more like she was loosing than winning the match, she started the second set with a more confident game and broke Laine’s first service attempt. She was leading 2-0 when Laine came back 2-1. But the Russian was clearly leading the game, forcing the Finn to run after every point. Although Laine later broke back to 4-2, she never managed to play the good tennis she dispalyed at the very start.

The 16-year-old Russian, ranked 71st in the world, will play the Belgian Kristen Flipkens in her first Grand Slam final tomorrow.

Written by Gabrielle Chatelain

KV Jul 5th, 2003 07:37 PM

IMO Anna isn't ruled out of receiving a WC-Qual in the Kremlin Cup. Really difficult choice to make who to give a WC-Qual. How many upcoming players are from Moscow, alot!

the cat Jul 5th, 2003 07:43 PM

The writer of the article Eggy posted refers to Anna T. as being 17, then 16. :confused: :rolleyes:

Da KV. Alot of up and coming girls are from Moscow! :)

TheBoiledEgg Jul 5th, 2003 08:14 PM

the writer mention her age as 17 at 1st then 16 :o

Moscow WC's are gonna be a premium this yr and in future.
I'm sure she'll come into qualies with one.

WOOT_TOUR Jul 5th, 2003 08:26 PM

Anna is 16.

TheBoiledEgg Jul 5th, 2003 09:11 PM

more Anna pics from Rowland Goodman

http://photo910.tripod.com/gkopihtm/t2464g6.htm

Dava Jul 5th, 2003 09:52 PM

Okay i changed the name of the thread, cos I think she deserves it! I may tune in to see her play, if the mens final is dire.

the cat Jul 5th, 2003 10:08 PM

I hope Anna gets a couple of sponsors out of playing so well at Wimbledon. :) I see she's been wearing both Nike and Adidas clothing since Roehampton. That needs to change. I think a clothing sponsor is in her future! :D

Dava Jul 5th, 2003 10:29 PM

Yeah I think if she wins, it'll be the 'new anna'.

how the fuck do you say her name

Chak-vet-at-say?

the cat Jul 5th, 2003 11:09 PM

I am dissapointed that the ITF Juniors website has totally ignored Anna this week! :mad: There haven't been any quotes of hers while they have featured Flipkens to the point of overkill! :fiery:

Does Anna speak English? If she doesn't, then there should be a translator there to help her talk to the international press.