TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Cocktail Party (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Family Circle Cup 2014 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=685377)

leebeasy Mar 30th, 2014 05:39 PM

Family Circle Cup 2014

Singles Draw

(1)S.Williams v BYE
(wc)Oudin v Cepelova
Lepchenko v Cetkovska
Schmiedlova v (13)Vesnina

(12)Hantuchova v (wc)Rogers
Qualifier v Qualifier
Mayr-Achleitner v Pereira
BYE v (8)Cirstea

Nice draw to reach the third round. Hope the knee is better and she has gotten comfortable on the clay.

No doubles...

vodnar Mar 30th, 2014 07:29 PM

Re: Family Circle Cup 2014

Good draw,....but...:unsure:

G&R Mar 30th, 2014 09:49 PM

Very kind draw for Daniela, hope she makes the best out of it. GL Dani, do your best :)

Daniela-Is-Mine Mar 30th, 2014 11:09 PM

Larcher de Brito or Min round two… Daniela… please….

Daniela-Is-Mine Mar 31st, 2014 01:01 PM

Not playing today. I expect a stream Tuesday though. Especially since she's playing Shelby. Hope she can play a decent match for the first time since her time off! Let's make this the turn around !!

SlovakTennisFan Mar 31st, 2014 03:48 PM

fingers crossed dani! :)

Richie's Mar 31st, 2014 08:26 PM

The QF is needed here. Cake walk draw but with Daniela you have to expect anything. Tricky youngsters and Dani never plays her best against them.

Nalby fan Apr 1st, 2014 04:33 PM

She won 7-5 7-5. Now let us never speak of this match again(seriously she was so bad for long stretches of the match :help:).

AK-DH Fan Apr 1st, 2014 08:36 PM

Well, happy the streak is over. Hopefully she'll play better next match

Richie's Apr 1st, 2014 09:29 PM

:lol: Daniela. 3-5 and 2-5 to 7/5 7/5. Nice to do it but ut could have easily gone to the other side.
I don't know what's wrong with Dani. It's clearly not the injury she had. I always insist that she needs to go back to basics and learn how to hit the ball on the court, on specific marks (like juniors learn) and re-gain her service technique and accuracy.

conrado Apr 1st, 2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie's (Post 40635273)
:lol: Daniela. 3-5 and 2-5 to 7/5 7/5. Nice to do it but ut could have easily gone to the other side.
I don't know what's wrong with Dani. It's clearly not the injury she had. I always insist that she needs to go back to basics and learn how to hit the ball on the court, on specific marks (like juniors learn) and re-gain her service technique and accuracy.

I second that. I also think she is quite helpless at the net (although she has a great touch) and she comes forward so slowly that her volleys are delayed. She also forgot how to play classic volleys toward baseline if you know what I mean.

What I like in that match is the fact, she was playing some nice short angle backhands what I think is her signature shot and she should use it more often in order to open court.

I also notice that it would be very helpful if she learn how to play top spin short cross forehand and use angles in general to create space for her down the lines shots which she loves to play a lot, make these shots more effective then.

And of course service - it's too weak but I don't know how far she can improve this - maybe more slice on the service?

I also think it's importand for her to gain some muscles, cause we all know tennis is all about power these days and Dani is too thin now (last year she looked a lot better considering body standards in tennis - she even won tournament)

Anyway there is a lot of work to do by her coach but in my opinion she is in good hands now.

Nalby fan Apr 2nd, 2014 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conrado (Post 40638977)
I second that. I also think she is quite helpless at the net (although she has a great touch) and she comes forward so slowly that her volleys are delayed. She also forgot how to play classic volleys toward baseline if you know what I mean.

What I like in that match is the fact, she was playing some nice short angle backhands what I think is her signature shot and she should use it more often in order to open court.

I also notice that it would be very helpful if she learn how to play top spin short cross forehand and use angles in general to create space for her down the lines shots which she loves to play a lot, make these shots more effective then.

And of course service - it's too weak but I don't know how far she can improve this - maybe more slice on the service?

I also think it's importand for her to gain some muscles, cause we all know tennis is all about power these days and Dani is too thin now (last year she looked a lot better considering body standards in tennis - she even won tournament)

Anyway there is a lot of work to do by her coach but in my opinion she is in good hands now.

Great post. And my God has Daniela's draw just opened up. Never been a better time to find some form on the clay.

Daniela-Is-Mine Apr 2nd, 2014 01:34 AM

She's up tomorrow at 11. Unstreamed, but I don't care as long as I get that win!

Sure the draw has opened up, but Daniela's tennis will just have to improve a bit. The serve has been gone since coming back after Doha a shame since at the end of last year and even Australia she was serving well. I think if her first serve was solid right now, we could book her for the QFs and even the semi. However I don't think she has served as well since 2013 where I can think of a lot of great serving days. Hopefully she just sharpens up as she keeps going.

The use of variety is a little back. Nice to see angles today. Missing some moonballs which against Min would be really effective since she is so short. Daniela always says, and usually does, use her whole arsenal on clay which is really nice. She has added spin on the forehand this year, though its not the most comfortable shot for her. Its better down the line than cross court, but spin isn't something you just turn on and she seems eager to improve there.

I think as she keeps playing on the clay it will help her. More time to set up and move will do wonders for her and there is no one in the draw in the next three rounds that can really smack her off the court. So if she can get the feet moving and the serve I like where she's heading. I know for a fact that she will fight.

I watched Perreira play today. She had a good match and moved Sorana a good amount. She is natural on the clay but definitely won't have as much time off Daniela's shots as she did Sorana's shots and there will definitely be more depth. Her serve is a giant liability and Daniela, if she wins, will have two matches in a row where that is common and hopefully will be returning sharply. I wish I could talk about the next match more BUT I know nothing about Min other than she won a 25K a week ago bating Gibbs. Everyone else she played wasn't ranked in the top 250 and she lost a few sets. Don't think clay will favor her as she's 5'2" and american.

AK-DH Fan Apr 2nd, 2014 02:42 AM

Common Dani!

Hit_It_Hard Apr 2nd, 2014 12:33 PM

Come on Dani! Fingers crossed and I think she'll pull some form out from somewhere... :D