TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Tennisforum.com Bug/Error Reporting and Questions (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Can't quote, can't edit posts in NT (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=652409)

Super Dave Jan 21st, 2014 12:43 PM

Can't quote, can't edit posts in NT

When I try to quote a post, it returns a blank box. Same when I try to edit a post, I get a blank box.

I can quote it if I hit quick reply and check the "include original post" box but I can't alter / shorten the part I'm quoting.

Also, on the Vertical Sports mobile app, I can't delete a post.

Steve Jan 21st, 2014 01:03 PM

Re: Can't quote, can't edit posts in NT

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Dave (Post 37908665)
When I try to quote a post, it returns a blank box. Same when I try to edit a post, I get a blank box.

I can quote it if I hit quick reply and check the "include original post" box but I can't alter / shorten the part I'm quoting.

Also, on the Vertical Sports mobile app, I can't delete a post.

The delete post function is only available for a day, then should disappear.

For your other issue, are you on the mobile app as well? if so what phone and IOS? if not what web browser are you using?

HB

Super Dave Jan 21st, 2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 37909521)
The delete post function is only available for a day, then should disappear.

For your other issue, are you on the mobile app as well? if so what phone and IOS? if not what web browser are you using?

HB

The delete post option is there on the app, and it allows you to go through the motions, but the post still exists, even if you try to delete after immediately posting. LG phone.

Firefox...when I try to quote a post, I just get a blank box instead of the post appearing with [quote] [/ QUOTE] around it. It just started happening the last couple of days. It's happening in Non Tennis only.

Super Dave Jan 23rd, 2014 11:58 AM

Seems to be better now.

tennisbum79 Feb 15th, 2014 02:29 AM

I am having the same issue with edit and quote. When click the button, the original is not show, the text box is blank.

It happen intermitently with both FireFox27.0 and IE 11.
That, is cannot edit or quote a post, I will never be able to edit or quote that post.
But when I am able to edit or quote a post, I never lose the ability to edit or quote the same post

Steve Feb 18th, 2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisbum79 (Post 38854513)
I am having the same issue with edit and quote. When click the button, the original is not show, the text box is blank.

It happen intermitently with both FireFox27.0 and IE 11.
That, is cannot edit or quote a post, I will never be able to edit or quote that post.
But when I am able to edit or quote a post, I never lose the ability to edit or quote the same post

Can you provide an example post where you are having this issue?

AS, Community Support

Carsten Feb 27th, 2014 03:11 PM

I'm having the same problem since a few weeks. When using Firefox i can't quote posts most of the time. Sometimes it's randomly working, but mostly it's not. With Google Chrome it's working perfectly all the time. :confused:

Yasmine Feb 28th, 2014 08:30 PM

Some seem to have that problem when writing PMs (can't quote in the answer).

Super Dave Mar 4th, 2014 01:26 PM

Quote function now not working at all.

GoDominique Mar 4th, 2014 02:43 PM

Same here in Firefox and IE. Chrome is working though.

Steve Mar 5th, 2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Dave (Post 39480401)
Quote function now not working at all.

Hi Super Dave, the quote function seems to be working okay on this end using Firefox and IE as well.

When you get the chance, can you please send me a link to a post that you tried quoting and is not working? I want to take a look and test it out as well.

Thanks,
CG - Community Support

Super Dave Mar 5th, 2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 39511810)
Hi Super Dave, the quote function seems to be working okay on this end using Firefox and IE as well.

When you get the chance, can you please send me a link to a post that you tried quoting and is not working? I want to take a look and test it out as well.

Thanks,
CG - Community Support

It's working today :shrug: Some days it works, some days it doesn't. Next time it happens, I'll let you know the exact thread.

Super Dave Mar 24th, 2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 39511810)

Thanks,
CG - Community Support

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=608

elba Mar 24th, 2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carsten (Post 39339106)
I'm having the same problem since a few weeks. When using Firefox i can't quote posts most of the time. Sometimes it's randomly working, but mostly it's not. With Google Chrome it's working perfectly all the time. :confused:

Yes. :)