TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Belgian Babes Band (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   week 3: Australian Open-GS, Stuttgart,Tinajo,Glasgow,Sharm El Sheikh,St.Martin-$10k (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=642313)

Emiel Goelen Jan 8th, 2014 05:29 AM

week 3: Australian Open-GS, Stuttgart,Tinajo,Glasgow,Sharm El Sheikh,St.Martin-$10k

Australian Open - Grand Slam

* Kirsten Flipkens
* Yanina Wickmayer
* Alison Van Uytvanck
* An-Sophie Mestach

Stuttgart-Stammheim - $10,000

* Michaela Boev
* Helene Scholsen

Tinajo - $10,000

* Steffi Distelmans

Glasgow - $10,000

* Elyne Boeykens

Sharm El Sheikh - $10,000

* Eugenie Chapelle
* Caroline Daxhelet
* Heloise Arace

Saint Martin - $10,000

* Shanon Bronzi

Emiel Goelen Jan 8th, 2014 05:30 AM

Re: week 3: Australian Open-GS, Stuttgart,Tinajo,Glasgow,Sharm El Sheikh,St.Martin-$1

Q1 Viktorija Golubic SUI vs. (24) An-Sophie Mestach BEL

Wimanna Jan 8th, 2014 10:11 AM

Re: week 3: Australian Open-GS, Stuttgart,Tinajo,Glasgow,Sharm El Sheikh,St.Martin-$1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emiel Goelen (Post 37104193)

Q1 Viktorija Golubic SUI vs. (24) An-Sophie Mestach BEL

Not an easy draw. Golubic reached R2 in Shenzhen as a qualifier defeating Wozniak in the first round and losing to Beck in three...

Good luck Anso!

Dorien. Jan 8th, 2014 07:45 PM

Yeah indeed, I was thinking the same. Really tough one.

JOCHEBEL Jan 9th, 2014 01:14 AM

Q1 (24) An-Sophie Mestach BEL d. Viktorija Golubic SUI 7-5 6-1 :bounce:

Emiel Goelen Jan 9th, 2014 08:41 AM

Anso :yeah:
Good start :)

Emiel Goelen Jan 9th, 2014 08:41 AM

Q2 Risa Ozaki JPN vs. (24) An-Sophie Mestach BEL

Dorien. Jan 9th, 2014 07:22 PM

Excellent start against a tough player.
No idea about Ozaki. Totally don't know her :shrug:

Tully Jan 10th, 2014 12:43 AM

Alison v Razzano
Flipkens v Robson
Wickmayer v Pfizenmaier

Nice first match for Alison. A wily veteran but one of the best matches she could get.

I don't mind Flipkens' draw. Robson is yet to play a full match so she may be rusty. I think her section has opportunities but she will need to play well.

As for Yanina well depends in whether she turns up to play....

JOCHEBEL Jan 10th, 2014 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tully (Post 37187041)
Alison v Razzano
Flipkens v Robson
Wickmayer v Pfizenmaier

Nice first match for Alison. A wily veteran but one of the best matches she could get.

I don't mind Flipkens' draw. Robson is yet to play a full match so she may be rusty. I think her section has opportunities but she will need to play well.

As for Yanina well depends in whether she turns up to play....

Alison's match very interesting. Flipper has a solid chance to advance if she plays like vs. Muguruza (the spanish played like a top 5). Wickmayer is always a surprise :rolleyes: Bon Chance mon petites!:kiss:

JOCHEBEL Jan 10th, 2014 02:37 AM

Mestach is fighting hard in qualy vs. Ozaki. Hope 4 belgians complete the main draw's Grand Slam :bounce:

Sam. Jan 10th, 2014 03:15 AM

Anso about to lose, 2-5 in the third.. I'm shocked by her stats, i thought she was more like a pusher for the most part and not a UE machine.. 32-55 so far :tape: She was at 1-13 in the third but now put a bit more of winners since then.

JOCHEBEL Jan 10th, 2014 03:39 AM

Q2 Risa Ozaki JPN d. (24) An-Sophie Mestach BEL 6-2 3-6 6-4 :sad:

I follow the match since the beggining: an eat-nails one. More than 2 hours. Anso was losing 0-4 in the third set but keep fighting to arrive 4-5. Serving 4-5, saved 3 match points but Ozaki closed it in the 4th 6-4. Very though from the start, Anso made plenty of winners but a lot of errors too. A pitty.

Sam. Jan 10th, 2014 03:50 AM

Not worse than Wimbledon but not very good. Ozaki is far from being a good player and probably just wait for the errors the most part today.
Never thought she could lose this one :sobbing: TOP100 is still way far.. But work hard Anso!

Brαm Jan 10th, 2014 06:06 AM

Disappointing result for An-So :(