TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   Aussie Open preparations in Brisbane Dec 29 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=633041)

MashaFan01 Dec 22nd, 2013 05:37 PM

Aussie Open preparations in Brisbane Dec 29

Will she be competitive enough after her absence - that is reach the QF or better? - Does she have a chance in the Aussie Open? - We will know soon! - Good luck Masha!!

Link: Brisbane WTA players list

NashaMasha Dec 22nd, 2013 08:17 PM

Re: Aussie Open preparations in Brisbane Dec 29

i think the likes of Kerber, Date Krumm, even Caro can be tougher oppositon for Maria in her first tournament than Vika.
I'm quite sure Serena will win this event , but i hope Masha will play as much matches as possible , i.e will reach the Final

18majors Dec 22nd, 2013 09:00 PM

Let's hope that she wins her first match! Maria hasn't won a match since June 2013; 6 months ago.

Asanty Dec 23rd, 2013 02:00 AM

Unless she withdrews...no single word about tennis after Bogota. This thread is early.

Abuttons Dec 23rd, 2013 10:37 AM

There's one week to go and Sharapova News Channel is still pretty much off-air concerning this tournament. It is obviously possible that Maria will spend Christmas at home before traveling down under and therefore we will perhaps know only at somehow the last moment what is going to happen.
I've set my expectations rather low for Maria's return to competition. I think she has done well in re-building the coaching team but all will depend on how her shoulder actually holds up.
I hope she can play without putting too much pressure on her right from the start, let her game "grow" and maybe have some fun.....
Merry Christmas, Maria.

Cecig Dec 23rd, 2013 03:45 PM

She said on Ellen that she will go to Brisbane before Christmas

MashaFan01 Dec 23rd, 2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asanty (Post 36419465)
Unless she withdrews...no single word about tennis after Bogota. This thread is early.

Early? - Really? - One week before the tournament's date is not that early in my humble opinion - Maybe your inner clock is outta wack? :lol:

Asanty Dec 24th, 2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MashaFan01 (Post 36436337)
Early? - Really? - One week before the tournament's date is not that early in my humble opinion - Maybe your inner clock is outta wack? :lol:

Even if one day before...there is no guarantee she plays untill she walks to the court in the light of past events...

AniaSharapova Dec 24th, 2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecig (Post 36433177)
She said on Ellen that she will go to Brisbane before Christmas

Also, I read on Twitter that Grigor will go to Brisbane on 23th December so I thought they'll go together, It wasn't a 100% reliable source but after Ellen Show it seemed likely to me.

MashaFan01 Dec 24th, 2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asanty (Post 36451793)
Even if one day before...there is no guarantee she plays untill she walks to the court in the light of past events...

There is never a 100% guarantee that a player will attend a tournament until she steps on the court - However - a thread just assumes that a player who has given notice that she'll actually play the tournament also attends it - I really don't understand why you're so uptight about the date of this thread - It is meant to be a discussion thread about Masha chances in Brisbane and comment her play if she in fact plays a couple of matches - Also - no one forces you to read or post in this thread - If the thread is to early for you and you have your doubts about her playing then you could have waited until after Masha's first match instead of whining here

Asanty Dec 24th, 2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MashaFan01 (Post 36456481)
There is never a 100% guarantee that a player will attend a tournament until she steps on the court - However - a thread just assumes that a player who has given notice that she'll actually play the tournament also attends it - I really don't understand why you're so uptight about the date of this thread - It is meant to be a discussion thread about Masha chances in Brisbane and comment her play if she in fact plays a couple of matches - Also - no one forces you to read or post in this thread - If the thread is to early for you and you have your doubts about her playing then you could have waited until after Masha's first match instead of whining here

Ok. And by the way, didn't SS obtain the consensus you should not start new threads?:lol:

MashaFan01 Dec 24th, 2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asanty (Post 36458713)
Ok. And by the way, didn't SS obtain the consensus you should not start new threads?:lol:

I'm a registered member here like everybody else and as such I've the right to start a thread whenever I like - that is called "freedom of speech" - something you probably don't know much about yet in your country - If you don't appreciate the very few threads I've posted here then I suggest you should ignore them in the future instead of posting whining comments in them :)

18majors Dec 24th, 2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asanty (Post 36451793)

I don't know whether Maria will suit up in Brisbane, but at least Team Sharapova (Sven Groeneveld and the crew) had already headed to Australia via New Zealand Airline.

Maria has also arrived.

Maria Sharapova @MariaSharpova

Well this was a first...opening a Christmas gift on the plane after a 13 hr flight. Merry Christmas Eve!! pic.twitter.com/nCQtJ0o92X

MashaFan01 Dec 25th, 2013 12:00 AM

And Cedig has just posted a couple of pics in "The Maria Sharapova Picture Thread 2013" from Masha's arrival in Brisbane - Yay!!! - She's looking great after a 13 hour flight - I can't wait to see the draw and her first match

Asanty Dec 25th, 2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MashaFan01 (Post 36463961)
that is called "freedom of speech" - something you probably don't know much about yet in your country

Yeah, there are polar bears walking around streets and nobody heard of democracy...how is that small-minded...