TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   Maria Withdraws from the 2013 USO (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=584721)

carling Aug 22nd, 2013 12:36 AM

Maria Withdraws from the 2013 USO

Wow! Maria just withdrew from the USO due to shoulder injury. Bummer.

the cat Aug 22nd, 2013 01:39 AM

Re: Maria Withdraws from the 2013 USO

Right shoulder problems. A damn shame. How much more shoulder pain can she put up with? Not much more I would think. I wonder if Pova is thinking that she has accomplished alot and why put up with the pain and bad serving in big matches? I couldn't blame her if she did. Maria has already made the best comeback from serving shoulder surgery in tennis history. It's clear her right shoulder will always be a problem. How much more can she put up with?

I still expect her to be at the U.S. Open to push her brand and root on her boy toy. But her career is in jeopardy due to her never healthy right shoulder. :( No doubt about it.

Abuttons Aug 22nd, 2013 04:37 AM

Very sad news....I hope this is not another career-threatening thing.....
Get well soon Maria.

MaSharp Aug 22nd, 2013 06:13 AM

Omg, can it get any worse? Why now, why shoulder. :sobbing:
I want her to compete so much and to be healthy ofcourse.

Maria Croft Aug 22nd, 2013 07:02 AM

The year is officially over.

I hope it's nothing serious.
Anything regarding the shoulder makes me nervous.

Get better Maria!

Icky80 Aug 22nd, 2013 07:14 AM

fuck fuck fuck!

It's not even about missing the US Open. Every player has to skip a major here and there in their career. It's about hoping the problem with her shoulder is not longstanding. Please please let this be a momentary hold-up.

Abuttons Aug 22nd, 2013 07:57 AM

I'm not at all an expert, however I would say that a bursitis should be less serious than the tear she had 5 years ago (that long ago already ?). Nevertheless, Maria better be careful, she's not a young kid any more and the physical demands of world class competition are ever more intense.
I really hope that she can recover well and stay healthy thereafter 'cause I badly need to see her winning more tournaments.....

PimpMePova Aug 22nd, 2013 07:59 AM

That's really sad news I was reading it on my timeline and couldn't believe it was happening :sad: I hope it's only a minor trauma and she will just need some time off and rehab. Hopefully she'll be back for next year but the fact it's the shoulder again is troublesome and I don't know what to think. If it's a reoccurring issue I don't know if Maria will have the some motivation and if she can do this all again after all the time and effort it took last time. I just don't know, it's really sad after the amazing 2012 and all the improvements that she has to go through this again. I just hope she is OK and we see her on the tennis courts next year with the some drive and motivation as always.

Pops Maellard Aug 22nd, 2013 08:12 AM

Oh dear :sad:.

Maria's had a good run with her shoulder since the surgery and it would be a shame for problems to start happening again now :sad:.

carling Aug 22nd, 2013 10:49 PM

According to Renee Stubbs, Maria is expected to be out of commission four months, so she is done for the year. Again, BUMMER.

MAERSK Aug 22nd, 2013 11:08 PM

Awww I was actually looking forward to this even though it probably wasn't going to end well with all the recent news and all. Oh well. Rest up Masha and practice practice practice!

malarkist Aug 23rd, 2013 01:35 AM

i hope this shoulder thing doesnt fuck up her semi sporadic trend of winning grandslams every even-numbered year. she's due for atleast one next year. and i simply cant accept her being sidelined in the aussie open next year

carling Aug 23rd, 2013 01:58 AM

Of course, we may still see a lot of Maria at the USO as she'll be the ultimate tennis WAG at Grigor's matches. Cameras will be trained on her every move in the stands that's for damn sure!