TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=581681)

Marilyn Monheaux Aug 16th, 2013 11:32 AM

Daddy Knows Best: Maria back with Papa Yuri after split from Connors

Do you think Papa Yuri might make a comeback in the interim? Joyce, maybe?

Who do you think should become her new coach? And why?

Pimp_Me_Pova Aug 16th, 2013 11:46 AM

Re: Independent Woman: Maria Coachless At The US Open

i think she should at least call her dad for us open..

and regroup herself,her team, dump dimitrov and start playing for real again :drive:

i can't see her past R1 without coach there :help:

swissmr Aug 16th, 2013 12:23 PM

I never thought Maria would allow this to happen :o

I'm kind of hoping for Yuri to come back, but I wish her and Tomas didn't have to split in the first place :(

Chrissie-fan Aug 16th, 2013 12:44 PM

I can't believe that she sacked Connors after just one match. You have to give a partnership at the very least six months before you know if it works or not. Of course these two aren't exactly lacking where ego is concerned and perhaps there's been a clash of personalities, I don't know.

Effy Aug 16th, 2013 12:58 PM

i'm very confused to be honest
i hope she will call Yuri for the US Open at least :o

cautiouslip Aug 16th, 2013 01:07 PM

Im so confused. Is it actually confirmed yet? I'm sure Maria has her reasons if it is true. I just want to see my girl winning matches again!

pedropt Aug 16th, 2013 01:31 PM

:help::facepalm:

I don't even know what to think of this.

Icky80 Aug 16th, 2013 01:33 PM

It's quite shocking for this to happen after just one loss/match, with Maria back from being off for over a month, and it was a loss that was entirely her UEs and bad movement's fault. There was probably a big blow up. Connors likely said something slick to Maria and she didn't take it so well or vice versa. At least that's what I want to believe happened. Otherwise, Shara looks really bad if this was just a reaction to one loss. I hate Maria being suddenly so messy after a pretty good first half of the season.

Dump Poodle Hair. Let others focus on the candy. Please, get it together.

jameshazza Aug 16th, 2013 01:37 PM

I don't see Marai as one to actually attend a tournament coachless, so I do think it will be Yuri.

Also it really official? There must have been a huge argument or something, it seems a little OTT from both to end a partnership after one match.

dsanders06 Aug 16th, 2013 01:47 PM

What is she thinking? :facepalm: As others have said, it's more than the decision itself that's worrying, it's the fact that she's clearly being impulsive and has no plan.

I want her to try and get Hogstedt back for the USO (no-one else has signed him up yet have they?). Even though I was supportive of a coach change in theory, I did think it was a silly time to do it at this point in the season.

Nina. Aug 16th, 2013 02:45 PM

I'd love to see Yuri even if it's just for mental support during the US Open.
I just want to know what the hell happened with Maria and Connors. How can you seriously sack someone after losing one match and working together for a couple of weeks. I really don't understand the thought process here.

MiiMo Aug 16th, 2013 03:45 PM

Please bring back Yuri... Or ask Dementieva to coach her...

domon17th Aug 16th, 2013 04:04 PM

Is this confirmed? I mean if it is this is the first time I'm genuinely disappointed with Martha's decision

Asanty Aug 16th, 2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domon17th (Post 32394921)
Is this confirmed? I mean if it is this is the first time I'm genuinely disappointed with Martha's decision

Yes, Max confirmed that.

Noten Aug 16th, 2013 06:44 PM

She could work with Robert Lansdorp while she's in Florida.
She needs to gatter herself, and in this case, working with someone she has known for a long time and whom she respects would be ideal.