TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=580273)

Vartan Aug 14th, 2013 05:21 AM

US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Crux Squall Aug 14th, 2013 05:53 AM

Re: US Open 2013: hashtag slam number 5

Good Luck Maria
2 weeks to train hard

Mexicola Aug 14th, 2013 05:58 AM

US Open 2013: Maria, please just win a match or two... :shrug:

Probably the least amount of confidence I've had in Maria heading into the Open since 2009. Even in those two lost years of 2010 and 2011, she had great Cincinnati performances leading into New York that gave you a boost as a fan making you feel good about the coming last Slam. But, this year, man, 1 match since Wimbledon and 1 win since the French semis. Tough way to go.

The pressure is off, though, so at least I can watch more relaxed. Maria has nothing to lose(unlike with Serena, that phrase is much more appropriate in this case) and she can only get better.

cautiouslip Aug 14th, 2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexicola (Post 32273641)
US Open 2013: Maria, please just win a match or two... :shrug:

Probably the least amount of confidence I've had in Maria heading into the Open since 2009. Even in those two lost years of 2010 and 2011, she had great Cincinnati performances leading into New York that gave you a boost as a fan making you feel good about the coming last Slam. But, this year, man, 1 match since Wimbledon and 1 win since the French semis. Tough way to go.

The pressure is off, though, so at least I can watch more relaxed. Maria has nothing to lose(unlike with Serena, that phrase is much more appropriate in this case) and she can only get better.

I hope to god Maria uses that phrase in some pre-us open interview. Would be a good omen :drool:

Hopefully she will surprise us all here

AnnieIWillKnow Aug 14th, 2013 09:58 AM

Hopefully a nice easy start will let her find her feet and we can go from there. If she draws someone like Mladenovic first round I'm going to be pissed.

jameshazza Aug 14th, 2013 02:07 PM

A cake couple of rounds and she'll be fine. I still think she has great chances for a deep run here.

Effy Aug 14th, 2013 02:18 PM

:cheer: let's do this
we need to start with an easy 1st round please :)
all this hard work and workouts will pay off im sure

Asanty Aug 14th, 2013 02:41 PM

I try to be realistic...coach transition, no play during six weeks, but I still can't stand how bloody awful she played missing all chances (though she was not bad in the first set). And of course she didn't take WC....stupid practice all over again, she needs real warming up, how she can't understand that, oh, forgot Sugarpova....BIG FAT ZERO expectations for USO....R4 would be awesome, oh gosh and she is world #3... Sorry for all this pessimism, but now I need a serious break from all Pova relating, just check the score on Aug 27, hope it will be positive. Bye all.

Effy Aug 14th, 2013 02:44 PM

sigh.

PimpMePova Aug 14th, 2013 03:06 PM

I'm really pessimistic about the rest of the season after seeing her performance last night, I don't even know if she can make it to the second week and it's really weird because she was having such a great season. I still don't understand the coach change and seeing how Connors acted during her match was even more of a let down for me. I hope she proves me wrong but it really feels like she is going backwards, hope she just needs some time to adjust to the new "gameplan"

domon17th Aug 14th, 2013 03:18 PM

So pessimistic :lol:
Think of all the years where her great performances in Cincy translated to deep USO runs... Oh wait :oh:

PimpMePova Aug 14th, 2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domon17th (Post 32285849)
So pessimistic :lol:
Think of all the years where her great performances in Cincy translated to deep USO runs... Oh wait :oh:

I've never been pessimistic before even when she was to play Serena I always believed :lol: but after last night...no words :sobbing: I'm not saying her career is over or she's not going to win anything significant ever again but I don't think she can fix all those problems we saw last night until the USO especially if she isn't even going to play anymore matches :hysteric:

domon17th Aug 14th, 2013 03:33 PM

Yea I understand, I don't think she'll win the USO this time round too. But that Cincy loss is hardly the worst, I mean definitely one of the worst, but she's been giving us less shitfests these 2 years so we're spoilt :lol:

As always, she'll bounce back, but probably not in time for New York.

Effy Aug 14th, 2013 03:34 PM

you all forgot what a fighter she is :nerner:
#positive attitude :oh:

PimpMePova Aug 14th, 2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domon17th (Post 32286497)
Yea I understand, I don't think she'll win the USO this time round too. But that Cincy loss is hardly the worst, I mean definitely one of the worst, but she's been giving us less shitfests these 2 years so we're spoilt :lol:

As always, she'll bounce back, but probably not in time for New York.

Yep exactly. I think she'll be back on track for next year, but it pisses me off because there was nothing wrong with her game with Hoggy she's just not good on grass anymore :shrug: this change just seams totally unnecessary for me and I think someone so high-profile as Jimmy won't be a long term collaboration. And I think if she was with Hoggy she could have won the USO if she got lucky and something happened to Serena. Now 2013 seems kind of like a wasted year to me.

EDIT: when I say something happened to Serena I mean if she lost not like if she got injured :lol: