TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Struggle Tennis (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=577425)

Marilyn Monheaux Aug 8th, 2013 11:56 AM

Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Struggle Tennis

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Let's do this, Pova! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Abuttons Aug 8th, 2013 12:01 PM

Re: Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Glory, Hallelujah! Hardcourt Glory In The Queen City!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux (Post 32017641)

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Let's do this, Pova! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Ha ha, for a moment I thought she had the trophy upside down !!!!!

Asanty Aug 8th, 2013 12:36 PM

Re: Cincinnati 2013: Hardcourt Glory, Hallelujah! Hardcourt Glory In The Queen City!

The draw will be revealed tomorrow. So excited to see what changes Connors incorporated.

Cosmic Voices Aug 8th, 2013 12:39 PM

If she could do it in 2011 :tape: she can do it now

TrollPova Aug 8th, 2013 01:15 PM

So nervous/excited to watch Maria's first match here. It's almost like how I feel during her first match of the season :lol:

denny5576 Aug 8th, 2013 01:29 PM

Do not expect too much. First tournament after nearly 2 months out usually means rusty play. The most important is to test the new things which Jimmy introduced.

Tennisvampire Aug 8th, 2013 02:12 PM

Wasn't the consensus not to make the thread until Maria is physically present at Cincy? :lol:

Asanty Aug 8th, 2013 02:31 PM

I am nervous as well, but she baked 2 bagels at AO after off season, plus she worked hard.

Asanty Aug 8th, 2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennisvampire (Post 32019985)
Wasn't the consensus not to make the thread until Maria is physically present at Cincy? :lol:

It was, but ignoring Jimmy's tweet would be so much:lol:

Mexicola Aug 8th, 2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denny5576 (Post 32019105)
Do not expect too much. First tournament after nearly 2 months out usually means rusty play. The most important is to test the new things which Jimmy introduced.

I agree with that. I just want her to get 3 or 4 solid matches in, working on her timing, working on her rhythm, and getting mentally locked in to playing competitive tennis again. If she looks relatively good and makes a deep run, that's a bonus. Maria gets a free pass in this tournament, no matter what happens. I think it's best to wait until New York to really critique her form. I know Maria will be playing Cincy to win, but I consider it a practice run.

I realize it's 2 different situations, 2 different players, comparing Maria to someone else, but look at Vika in Carlsbad. Even though she made the final, she looked awful in those last 2 matches against Ivanovic and Stosur. Serve was off, groundstrokes were off, timing was off, tons of errors, very few winners, and she looked 2 or 3 steps too slow. Not surprising after an injury and long lay-off for a player. And then she said her ankle was still an issue and she withdrew from Toronto as a precaution.

So, for Maria, I just want her to get out of Cincy with her health and more confidence in her game heading into the US Open. Some rough play will be expected and acceptable.

Trih Aug 8th, 2013 02:40 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS :rocker2:
I won't, and can't expect much results-wide but I'm eager to see her playing :hearts:

Asanty Aug 8th, 2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexicola (Post 32020497)
I agree with that. I just want her to get 3 or 4 solid matches in, working on her timing, working on her rhythm, and getting mentally locked in to playing competitive tennis again. If she looks relatively good and makes a deep run, that's a bonus. Maria gets a free pass in this tournament, no matter what happens. I think it's best to wait until New York to really critique her form. I know Maria will be playing Cincy to win, but I consider it a practice run.

I realize it's 2 different situations, 2 different players, comparing Maria to someone else, but look at Vika in Carlsbad. Even though she made the final, she looked awful in those last 2 matches against Ivanovic and Stosur. Serve was off, groundstrokes were off, timing was off, tons of errors, very few winners, and she looked 2 or 3 steps too slow. Not surprising after an injury and long lay-off for a player. And then she said her ankle was still an issue and she withdrew from Toronto as a precaution.

So, for Maria, I just want her to get out of Cincy with her health and more confidence in her game heading into the US Open. Some rough play will be expected and acceptable.

But Vika is Vika, she is like Injury girl:lol: Maria never would play not being fully healthy.
And wasn't it back?

domon17th Aug 8th, 2013 03:30 PM

That giant urn, flop against Kimothy, and epic Poova against Jankovic :crying2:

TrollPova Aug 8th, 2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domon17th (Post 32021993)
That giant urn, flop against Kimothy, and epic Poova against Jankovic :crying2:

Didn't Maria hurt her ankle at some point during that match against Clijsters? But yes, those match points :sobbing:

And JJ :bowdown: :bowdown:

PimpMePova Aug 8th, 2013 04:37 PM

So excited to finally see her play!!! Let's do this :cheer: