TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Momosapiens! (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What can be improved? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=57518)

Sonja Feb 19th, 2003 06:22 PM

What can be improved?

We all know Amelie isn't perfect. If you could pick an aspect of her game to improve what would it be?

I'll start...

She's got to work on her serve. It should be a weapon and not a liability. She could be SO MUCH better with a killer serve!

mauresmofan Feb 19th, 2003 07:22 PM

Well I think she is close to perfect - she does go a little bonkers from time to time so maybe her mental aspect(@ Roland Garros) could be improved.

Sonja Feb 19th, 2003 09:25 PM

m-fan she can't be close to perfect otherwise she'd be beating Serena and Venus.

I know she's gotten closer with Venus but she still needs some extra to get to their level and I'd say they're pretty close to perfection, tenniswise.

I agree her focus could improve.

Come on people, let's make this a discussion! ;) :p

old woman Feb 19th, 2003 10:34 PM

It should be Amelie,.....

.....mmmmm....okay,i watch Amelie's last match against Serena,that was not Amelie at her best,with good reason,on a come back from injury,.....yes Sonja,a few free points,on service makes life easier,....she is physically.....the right build,strength and speed around court,......to take on Venus and Serena,so i would improve her psychological outlook,she is a tough competitor to reach her level, you have to be,.....it's more concentration,....self belief will come as the season goes on,....the other improvement,....Justine Henin Hardenne's back hand,please......Serena at the start of the season,is a step further up the ladder compared to everyone else,....it's her time,like Graf and Martina H,before......as with them,someone stepped up,....it should be Amelie,......:)

......Life is a journay,not a destination,......

Sonja Feb 21st, 2003 02:13 AM

Thanks old woman! I do appreciate everyone's input.

Other opinions?

YSL Feb 21st, 2003 07:07 PM

HER SERVE

ABSOLUTELY her serve! When it works, it's great! But more often than not - It's not good enough. Her second serve is almost a liability. In the OGdF final, they were too short and so Serena could attack them. It's almost as if we're amazed when she gets a serve in. :mad:

She has enough of a variety of shots - Which she has ably demonstrated to us. But if she could work on that serve, IMO She would get MUCH better results.

Psychologically, she has improved a heck of a lot - But there's always room for improvement. She still tightens up a bit, so mebbe a bit more work there too.

Linnie Feb 23rd, 2003 05:50 PM

I agree with youse about her serve. Also, (and this was brought up in another thread) maybe her method of training should be looked at. Why is she so prone to injuries? If it's not her back, it's her neck, or most recently her adductors.

I was watching her matches at the Gaz (thanks! ;)) and she moved very well. Her mental strength has improved tremendously, and less ue's. But yes, her serve let her down a few times.

Other than that, she's perfect :D ;)

Caoimhe Feb 25th, 2003 02:04 PM

I think the serve is the key to Amelie's game (well improving it anyway)
If she leaves herself having to depend on a "weaker" 2nd serve all the time she can't attack.

*my opinion anyway*