TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Poker (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   The first leg juicy anticipations I promised to the Crow. (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=57507)

DoctorG Feb 19th, 2003 05:08 PM

The first leg juicy anticipations I promised to the Crow.

A promise is a promise. ;)

I will be away for a few days, hopefully everything will be ready next week; but Iím already able to make some anticipations about the outcome of the first leg. :)

Three ladies tied for the first place. :eek: For the first time in ages I had to apply the rule for this kind of situation: in case of a tie, the winner is decided considering the second best result of the tennis players who are not in common. Believe it or not, the unlucky performance by Monica Seles at the Australian Open made a poster win this first leg. :eek:

Besides these three ladies, the 4th semifinalist is Belgian. ;)

Many people enjoyed the Clijsters / Davenport / S.Williams trio to score three aces, but a bunch of devoted fans of lower ranked players scored good combinations thanks to their favouriteís great performances, including tournament winners such as Dechy, Daniilidou and Shaughnessy. As a result of this, 29 out of 63 posters scored better than a pair. In the previous leg, they were only 14. :eek:

8 newbies had their debut in this first leg. Well, SENSATIONAL debut. 7 out of 8 qualifiers were new entries, and the only one who remained out of the main draw was 9th and missed it for just one spot, but managed to reach the final in the doubles. Most of the qualifiers were not content with a first round showing and did go on winning, with one of them reaching the quarterfinals. :eek:

In the doubles event, the winners showed a great teamwork as their results in singles were a quarterfinal and a third round. :)

In the Fed Cup, we had a clear 5-0 win and a 3-2 which couldnít be closer: one of the match was a tie, and the winner was decided by the overall team average. Another 3-2 and a 4-1 completed the first leg matches. :)

See you next week for the details. ;)

Thank you, good luck! :wavey:

Hurricane Lily Feb 19th, 2003 06:32 PM

:bounce: can't wait to see the results... :D good luck everyone! and oh thanks Doc! :)

The Crow Feb 19th, 2003 07:22 PM

:D Thanks Domenico!

So Belgian females don't stand a chance to make the semi's? ;)

Rocketta Feb 19th, 2003 10:28 PM

Wow those were some juicy tidbits?? I wonder who made it to the final????

rightous Feb 20th, 2003 01:04 AM

Well I can tell ya that I don't help our team Rockie, what hey what r hubbies for:)

Btw did I even win in any of the competitions:)

paul_masterton Feb 20th, 2003 07:43 PM

lol it's amzing. I won it here adn didnt win a macth in any fo teh enxt stages. Looks like i am gonan loose over half of my ranking points :rolleyes:

Rocketta Feb 21st, 2003 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by rightous
Well I can tell ya that I don't help our team Rockie, what hey what r hubbies for:)

You're right, typical Husband behavior! No help at all! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :p :p :p ;)

rightous Feb 21st, 2003 07:10 AM

Rockie but I do my bit in other areas;) :kiss: :kiss:

arn Feb 21st, 2003 06:59 PM

How come Davenport has/is an ace???

I want to know how good/bad I did :) :) :)

Rocketta Feb 21st, 2003 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rightous
Rockie but I do my bit in other areas;) :kiss: :kiss:
:kiss: :kiss: :hearts: :hearts: :kiss: :kiss:

arn Feb 23rd, 2003 03:19 PM

Stupid me :o I totally forgot about Davenport winning in japan

Doris Loeffel Feb 25th, 2003 09:58 AM

Me too am looking forward to the results.

DoctorG Feb 25th, 2003 12:55 PM

Hi guys! :wavey:

Thank you for your support. I won't be at home very much this week too, but I've managed to finish the singles results. Doubles, Fed Cup and the rankings will be posted in the next few days. :)

Thank you, good luck! :bounce: