TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The Siberian Siren (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   Maria and Thomas go seperate ways (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=566321)

zigga Jul 11th, 2013 11:37 PM

Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

:eek:

http://www.mariasharapova.com/news/m...part-ways.aspx

I wonder who the new coach will be.

Cosmic Voices Jul 11th, 2013 11:43 PM

Re: Maria and Thomas go seperate ways

:hysteric:

I loved Hoggy. He totally made her a better, more well-rounded tennis player and an incredible athlete. He will be missed :sobbing:
but it's obvious they didn't part on bad terms. I wonder who the new coach is?

Silas Jul 11th, 2013 11:48 PM

I was not expecting this at all.
He was a great coach who kept Maria motivated and put her on the right track when she seemed to lose her way during her matches.

He helped her complete her career GS, so good work Hoggy. I loved how he looked like Maria's #1 fan during her matches, rather than her coach.

Kitten63 Jul 11th, 2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silas (Post 30960593)

I was not expecting this at all.
He was a great coach who kept Maria motivated and put her on the right track when she seemed to lose her way during her matches.

He helped her complete her career GS, so good work Hoggy. I loved how he looked like Maria's #1 fan during her matches, rather than her coach.

+ 1. I'll miss him.

dsanders06 Jul 11th, 2013 11:59 PM

Wait. What? :speakles:

dsanders06 Jul 12th, 2013 12:03 AM

I'm not totally sure I buy that it was just "personal issues" on Hogstedt's part, tbh...

NiMaria Jul 12th, 2013 12:03 AM

Wow. This comes as a huge shock. I wonder who her new coach will be. Hopefully it doesn't have a bad effect on her results going into USO.

pedropt Jul 12th, 2013 12:06 AM

Out of nowhere. I am absolutely shocked.

Lachy Jul 12th, 2013 12:36 AM

Fck. Fck. Fck.

Tennisvampire Jul 12th, 2013 12:41 AM

Wow, this really came out of the blue, did not expect it it all. I really liked Hoggy and the way he improved some aspects of Maria's game. He has really done a great job with her and I think he played a very important role in her winning RG in the end. I'll sure miss him in the stands cheering for Maria :sad: I do wonder who her new coach will be though. Nigel Sears is open and in the market :lol:

Andy. Jul 12th, 2013 01:14 AM

I'm a little sad (and worried TBH) to hear this news. He was so instrumental in getting her career back on track. Hopefully this new coach will be able to take her even higher. I have no idea who she might possibly choose.

dsanders06 Jul 12th, 2013 01:26 AM

I do hear what people are saying about her game having stagnated over the past 12 months (which is disappointing since, for the 18 months before that, since she started working with Hogstedt, she was pretty much constantly improving), but I'm just so worried that, without them, she will revert to the 2010 horror-shows :o #neverforget

Cecig Jul 12th, 2013 01:37 AM

Why she didn't wait until the Us Open finish?

goldlion Jul 12th, 2013 01:41 AM

I think after RG last year, her game has been pretty standstill? She won no titles until IW this year and how many finals were blown off since 2011?

It almost feels like she achieved what she could have with Thomas and it's time to take things to the next level if she wants to stay on the top of the game.

It's a good time to part and test the new coach because she basically has not much to defend in the second half of the season.

Just please, bring back her killer shot + consistencies.

Who else left in her team besides Thomas??????

Charlatan Jul 12th, 2013 01:46 AM

He will be missed :sad: Thanks for all the memories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsanders06 (Post 30962329)
I do hear what people are saying about her game having stagnated over the past 12 months (which is disappointing since, for the 18 months before that, since she started working with Hogstedt, she was pretty much constantly improving), but I'm just so worried that, without them, she will revert to the 2010 horror-shows :o #neverforget

I agree. Since after losing to Lisicki last year, they have been working to improve her forehand on faster surfaces and we witnessed the drastic improvements on her hardcourt matches later that year.

But her game is going nowhere starting in 2013. Not to mention her claycourt season is a bit underwhelming although she still had a consistent result (she didn't even play particularly that well in 2013 clay season compared to 2012)

I do hope we will never experience the 2010 old school pova aggressive style with the lack of consistency. But still looking forward to what a new coach is gonna bring in her game.