TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Laura's Lounge (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1665)
-   -   Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=516474)

Royals. Apr 6th, 2013 09:44 AM

Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread
 
Katowice is the first stop. Seeded 8th.
LDL def. Robson 57 76(7) 61

Portugal Open Apr 29 - May 04, 2013
Oeiras, Portugal

Morita def. Robson 62 75

Mutua Madrid Open
May 04 - May 12, 2013
Madrid, Spain

Robson def. Rybarikova 67(4) 62 62
Robson def. [4]Aga Radwanska 63 61
[16]Ivanovic def. Robson 57 62 76(5)


Internazionali BNL d'Italia
May 13 - May 19, 2013
Rome, Italy

Robson def. Venus Williams 63 62
[1]Serena Williams def. Robson 62 62

no-hay-igual Apr 6th, 2013 11:12 AM

Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread
 
I'm pleasantly surprised Laura has chosen to remain in the draw for Katowice, had a feeling she may have pulled out.
Best not to dwell on the Bouchard match and get as much practice on the clay against good standard of players.
Seeded 8th so hoping the draw will be kind, she may be trying to get as many points as possible to be seeded for Wimbledon, however this is only going to be possible if she learns how to serve again.

Royals. Apr 6th, 2013 04:22 PM

Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by no-hay-igual (Post 26508506)
I'm pleasantly surprised Laura has chosen to remain in the draw for Katowice, had a feeling she may have pulled out.
Best not to dwell on the Bouchard match and get as much practice on the clay against good standard of players.
Seeded 8th so hoping the draw will be kind, she may be trying to get as many points as possible to be seeded for Wimbledon, however this is only going to be possible if she learns how to serve again.

Yep.











Main Draw
(1)Petra Kvitova (CZE) vs Misaki Doi (JPN)
Vesna Dolonc (SRB) vs Mandy Minella (LUX)
Elina Svitolina (UKR) vs Petra Martic (CRO)
(5)Alize Cornet (FRA) vs Q

(4)Julia Goerges (GER) vs Q
Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL) vs Q
Irina-Camelia Begu (ROU) vs Mathilde Johansson (FRA)
(7)Sabine Lisicki (GER) vs Q

(8)Laura Robson (GBR) vs Lourdes Dominguez-Lino (ESP)
Annika Beck (GER) vs (wc)Marta Domachowska (POL)
Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) vs Jana Cepelova (SVK)
(3)Klara Zakopalova (CZE) vs Kristyna Pliskova (CZE)

(6)Kaia Kanepi (EST) vs (wc)Sandra Zaniewska (POL)
Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor (ESP) vs (wc)Karolina Pliskova (CZE)
Lara Arruabarena (ESP) vs Kiki Bertens (NED)
(2)Roberta Vinci (ITA) vs Andrea Hlavackova (CZE)

Lloy4dAustin Apr 6th, 2013 04:33 PM

Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread
 
OMG,maybe another first round loss?

Evans. Apr 6th, 2013 06:16 PM

Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread
 
As I said in her main cheering thread, I can't see her winning the first round. LDL is good on clay, and Laura is in dreadful form.

Dawson. Apr 6th, 2013 08:29 PM

Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread
 
My expectations are rock bottom for this one :lol: Laura was in good form for their last meeting and look how that ended, on hardcourts too.

allracquetsports Apr 7th, 2013 04:15 PM

Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread
 
Laura last on court tomorrow @ 21:00, 20:00 UK time

maartenround Apr 7th, 2013 04:53 PM

Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread
 
I think i'm the only one that thinks facing LDL on Clay is a good thing, gives Laura time to set up for those moonballs unlike hardcourts.

allracquetsports Apr 7th, 2013 06:25 PM

Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread
 
Katowice is live on Eurosport every day .... from Tuesday

Will it be too late for Laura?

Royals. Apr 7th, 2013 06:31 PM

Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread
 
^ Yep. We wont be able to watch yet. She's scheduled to play her R1 tomorrow.

If she makes it through, we'll be able to watch her R2 match.

allracquetsports Apr 8th, 2013 07:44 AM

Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread
 
Right Laura, you are ranked 39 and British No 1.

Let's see you play like it.

Play_Suspended Apr 8th, 2013 09:28 AM

Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread
 
God..I'm not optimistic but hopefully she can prove us all wrong..right? Match is not before 6pm GMT, last match on centre. So annoying it's not on eurosport though perhaps that's a good thing on recent form and there might be a stream out there somewhere. C'mon Laura.

maartenround Apr 8th, 2013 03:40 PM

Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread
 
Guys, I just had a thought. You know Laura's serve? Maybe she'll feel confident tonight because of it being an indoor event there will be nothing to disrupt it? Just a thought.

no-hay-igual Apr 8th, 2013 04:03 PM

Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maartenround (Post 26607138)
Guys, I just had a thought. You know Laura's serve? Maybe she'll feel confident tonight because of it being an indoor event there will be nothing to disrupt it? Just a thought.

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Sometimes I think half the battle with her serve is becuase of the elements. With these non-existant, it might swing in Laura's favour allowing her serve and shots to fly through the court.

However... if she cant get good stats on her serve, i can see LDL moonballing her to death.

maartenround Apr 8th, 2013 04:22 PM

Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by no-hay-igual (Post 26607970)
I was just thinking the exact same thing. Sometimes I think half the battle with her serve is becuase of the elements. With these non-existant, it might swing in Laura's favour allowing her serve and shots to fly through the court.

However... if she cant get good stats on her serve, i can see LDL moonballing her to death.

Exactly. Although it is Clay so maybe Laura will have more time to position herself for the moonballs?


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.