TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   WWW: Charleston R2: [Q]Eugenie Bouchard VS [16]Laura Robson In The "BFF BATTLE" (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=515010)

Royals. Apr 2nd, 2013 07:32 PM

WWW: Charleston R2: [Q]Eugenie Bouchard VS [16]Laura Robson In The "BFF BATTLE"

Genie has beaten Laura before so it should be a good match for both. :D

I love both girls so it should be fun regardless. :hearts::hearts:

Who will win?

Start da Game Apr 2nd, 2013 07:35 PM

Re: WWW: Charleston R2: [Q]Eugenie Bouchard VS [16]Laura Robson In The "BFF BATTLE"

bou in 2.....book it.....

Dav. Apr 2nd, 2013 07:39 PM

Re: WWW: Charleston R2: [Q]Eugenie Bouchard VS [16]Laura Robson In The "BFF BATTLE"

Genie did beat her in three on green clay last year but there's no way of knowing with these two. :lol:

Vincey! Apr 2nd, 2013 08:03 PM

haha Genie beat before they both started to have significant results so it will be a pretty interesting match!! Clay should favour Genie a bit more I think but it's very hard to predict! I still hope it will be Genie in 3!

Third Mall Apr 2nd, 2013 08:07 PM

Genie in 3, but no result would surprise me to be honest.

A-Bond Apr 2nd, 2013 08:25 PM

ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE. You really don't know what you're gonna get with Robson.

That's actually something I really miss, compared to the Tour a few years back, like 2005. There you had youngsters like Ivanovic, Vaidisova, Golovin, Safina etc. who had some losses here and there which is normal, but they actually managed to play quite well on a consistent level.

The youngsters nowadays, like Robson, Mladenovic, Babos etc. just can't string some good results together back-to-back.

james_von05 Apr 2nd, 2013 08:38 PM

Robson in 2... she had quite good result on clay last year and it seems she doesn't need 1st serve to win.

Irshava Apr 2nd, 2013 08:44 PM

Bouchard has nike as sponser, right? She is wearing adidas in one of the pictures :lol:

Freakan Apr 2nd, 2013 08:45 PM

Seems Miami doubles final gave Laura much needed match practice and confidence, so she might be back to a decent level again

Simugna Help Apr 2nd, 2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincey! (Post 26361786)
haha Genie beat before Laura started to have significant results

Fixed.

Royals. Apr 2nd, 2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irshava (Post 26364930)
Bouchard has nike as sponser, right? She is wearing adidas in one of the pictures :lol:

She had a contract with Adidas before. She's swtiched to Nike now. :)

Vincey! Apr 2nd, 2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aselto (Post 26365098)
Fixed.

I meant breakthrough tournaments with decent results. Before Genie's wimby junior title she hadn't done much on the Pro tour, since then she's got some wins over top 100 players and won big ITF titles and WTA MD matches. Robson got her breakthrough at the Olympics and she has had better results after that win as well. :rolleyes:

saint2 Apr 2nd, 2013 09:40 PM

50/50. If Laura was in good form she'd be easy fave. But shes not.

Spectators wins, thats for sure...

Simugna Help Apr 2nd, 2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincey! (Post 26368290)
I meant breakthrough tournaments with decent results. Before Genie's wimby junior title she hadn't done much on the Pro tour, since then she's got some wins over top 100 players and won big ITF titles and WTA MD matches. Robson got her breakthrough at the Olympics and she has had better results after that win as well. :rolleyes:

If winning junior Wimbledon is a breakthrough for a player, then surely Laura's breakthrough was YEARS ago.

Stonerpova Apr 2nd, 2013 09:54 PM

Who the hell knows? :lol:

Robson in 3 :shrug: