TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Hello Kvitty (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1484)
-   -   Petra Kvitova Dirty Fighting in Mud: Last Dance at Tournoi de Roland-Garros (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=510226)

ShiftyFella Mar 23rd, 2013 10:51 PM

Petra Kvitova Dirty Fighting in Mud: Last Dance at Tournoi de Roland-Garros

Clay season in Good Ol' Europe is back. Petra tries her mud dancing at Katowice:cheer:

bruce goose Mar 24th, 2013 05:22 AM

Re: Petra Kvitova Dirty Fighting in Mud: 1st stop Home Slam Katowice at Spodek Disco

Is Spodek simply the name of a famous disco club in Poland,Shifty??Actually,the idea that Poland even HAS well-known disco clubs might re-inforce the stereotype that they're not as advanced as they ought to be.Then again,perhaps Europeans love disco:shrug:;here in North America,it was sort of an embarrassing fad that left many people happy when it died out.....Oh,and Petra....Don't accept any drinks from any guy with a Mushroom tattoo who's been to that club,okay;)?

ShiftyFella Mar 24th, 2013 10:47 AM

Re: Petra Kvitova Dirty Fighting in Mud: 1st stop Home Slam Katowice at Spodek Disco

Disco is big in Eastern Europe. Disco in US done more then you actually think, it gave birth to House one of most awesomest and popular electronic dance music styles. The Chicago House from 80s is almost pure Italo Disco and still very popular all over the world. It's a shame that majority of Americans think of awful Saturday Night Fever when they hear disco and not something good like

Spodek is a name of Star Trek Disk shaped arena above, it's a venue that will hold Katowice Open where Petra will be doing her Disco Dancing Boogaloo Shrimp style:banana: it held many sports and music events before, some of them were Back to 80s tours that feature alot of grandmas of Disco like C. C. Catch, even rock legends Deep Purple recorded one of it's concerts there;)

Cindy and Kate Mar 24th, 2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyFella (Post 25928258)
Disco is big in Eastern Europe. Disco in US done more then you actually think, it gave birth to House one of most awesomest and popular electronic dance music styles. The Chicago House from 80s is almost pure Italo Disco and still very popular all over the world. It's a shame that majority of Americans think of awful Saturday Night Fever when they hear disco and not something good like

Spodek is a name of Star Trek Disk shaped arena above, it's a venue that will hold Katowice Open where Petra will be doing her Disco Dancing Boogaloo Shrimp style:banana: it held many sports and music events before, some of them were Back to 80s tours that feature alot of grandmas of Disco like C. C. Catch, even rock legends Deep Purple recorded one of it's concerts there;)

:lol::lol:
Nice post.
So C.C Catch is still alive and touring :hysteric:
I hope though, that Petra's future disco antics in Europe will resemble more the sleek and sexy synth/euro grooves of Miss Kittin than her latest IW and Miami Saturday NF jaded Travolta impersonation. :help:

bruce goose Mar 24th, 2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyFella (Post 25928258)

Okay,Shifty,I applaud you for being so informed on such cultural matters:worship:....And maybe I was too harsh on disco b/c of the negative element you mentioned.As 'Uncle Silas' posted,let's hope that Disco Petra doesn't play the Bee Gees crap in Katowice that she's been imitating somewhat recently:o

steni Mar 25th, 2013 03:45 AM

so when this tournament starts?

bruce goose Mar 25th, 2013 04:04 AM

Monday,April 8th,for MD action

steni Mar 25th, 2013 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruce goose (Post 25969522)
Monday,April 8th,for MD action

thanks

vendulkabendulka Mar 25th, 2013 07:34 AM

Btw "spodek" in Czech means "the bottom".

bruce goose Mar 25th, 2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vendulkabendulka (Post 25971226)
Btw "spodek" in Czech means "the bottom".

Shouldn't be surprised,I guess,but are Polish and Czech very similar as languages??Sometimes,I can make out bits and pieces when I hear Brasilian futbollers speaking Portuguese on the sports channel.Do you suppose that Petra can understand some of what the Polish gals are saying when she overhears them chatting with each other??

*Jack* Mar 25th, 2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruce goose (Post 25990490)
Shouldn't be surprised,I guess,but are Polish and Czech very similar as languages??Sometimes,I can make out bits and pieces when I hear Brasilian futbollers speaking Portuguese on the sports channel.Do you suppose that Petra can understand some of what the Polish gals are saying when she overhears them chatting with each other??

Yeah, they are both Slavic languages (similar with your example Spanish and Portuguese) so you can understand him a few words and if the Polish native speaker wants to, you can definitely communicate quite good with bigger or smaller help of your hands and beer. :lol:
But it's incomparably better between Czech and Slovak, I can speak Czech and someone can Speak Slovak and we can totally understand each other there are only a few words which people who don't meet Slovaks so often don't understand (from the Slovak side it is a little better because they read our books and watch our TV channels more often because of the size of our country is a little bigger then theirs). Just in case you don't know this. :) ;)

ShiftyFella Mar 25th, 2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Jack* (Post 25992402)
But it's incomparably better between Czech and Slovak, I can speak Czech and someone can Speak Slovak and we can totally understand each other there are only a few words which people who don't meet Slovaks so often don't understand (from the Slovak side it is a little better because they read our books and watch our TV channels more often because of the size of our country is a little bigger then theirs). Just in case you don't know this. :) ;)

:rolls: it's like saying Russia and Ukraine two different countries:lol: We're all offspring of good ol' Soviet Russia, mutual understanding is in our blood ;)

bruce goose Mar 25th, 2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Yeah, they are both Slavic languages (similar with your example Spanish and Portuguese) so you can understand him a few words and if the Polish native speaker wants to, you can definitely communicate quite good with bigger or smaller help of your hands and beer. :lol:

Portuguese sounds kind of strange to me sometimes,actually and,even though I don't hear them much,I can sometimes understand portions of articles that are in Italian or French(especially the latter since I took that class in high school years ago).

I met a pair of guys on vacation in our Sierra region,one Czech and one Slovak,who worked together at a maquila in Juarez,and they said pretty much exactly what you posted above(they couldn't speak Spanish too well so we communicated in English).Back then,I wasn't a Petra fan so I didn't have the chance to ask the Czech fellow what he thought.Petra wasn't too well-known at that time,in 2009,so he might not have even heard of her

steni Mar 25th, 2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Interesting! Thats why Petra and Dominika get along pretty well!

*Jack* Mar 25th, 2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steni (Post 26002322)
Interesting! Thats why Petra and Dominika get along pretty well!

Yeah, exactly, but it doesn't have only benefits, it also means that matches between Petra and the Slovak girls are more tricky because they know each other pretty well (similar like matches between two countrywomen such as Errani vs. Vinci). :rolleyes: :)