TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Romania (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1026)
-   -   Ilka Csoregi (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=501978)

Losing Streak Mar 2nd, 2013 08:15 PM

Ilka Csoregi

I think she deserves her own thread as she's a good junior player, and she's started to make waves this week on the pro tour. :)

Ilka is still 16, she was born on April 12, 1996 in Cluj Napoca in Romania.

She's currently ranked 30 in juniors (with a CHR of 13), and just outside Top 1000 on the WTA for the moment :lol: She got her 1st ranking last year after she played her first 3 pro tournaments, 3 Antalya 10Ks, last December, and reached the QF of the 1st one. Last year she got wins over Mironova, Ramialison, Curovic and Grymalska :yeah:

She had quite a slow start this year: she started her season with 2 junior tournaments, G1 Loy Yang Power Traralgon International & (GA) Australian Open, and lost in 1st round in both :lol: (to Kimberly Birrell :facepalm: and Elizaveta Kulichkova respectively). Then she stayed in Australia to try 25K Burnie and 25K Launceston qualies and lost her 1st match everytime. :sobbing:

She got her shit together this week, reaching the SFs in 10K Sharm-El-Sheikh as a qualifier. :D She beat (Q)Thongsing in R1, (6)Prislan in R2, (Q)Veselinovic in QF, all in 2 sets (even giving Prislan a bagel), before losing in SF to (4)Furlanetto 3 & 0. :)

She'll be back at it next week in Sharm-El-Sheikh again, this time she's in MD directly (she's the last entry :oh:). GL! :cheer::cheer:

codrutc Mar 3rd, 2013 12:35 AM

Re: Ilka Csoregi

I got very excited about Ilka at the beginning, so much so that I decided to join this forum. In the meantime I realized that she has a long way to go to make it in the Pros. I really hope she is successful in the future to get me excited about her game again.

Losing Streak Mar 6th, 2013 06:42 AM

Some AO pics - dubs with Ivana Jorovic :)

Losing Streak Mar 6th, 2013 06:54 AM

Losing Streak Mar 6th, 2013 04:22 PM

Well she beat (4)Wannasuk 6-0 4-6 7-6(8) in R1 :lol: that's a good win :)

codrutc Mar 6th, 2013 05:18 PM

Yes, that was good win against a 23 year old player. Who is she playing next? I saw conflicting reports on 2 different sites.

Losing Streak Mar 6th, 2013 05:43 PM

I think it's (WC)Perez Rojas :unsure:

Losing Streak Mar 8th, 2013 08:52 AM

She beat Perez Rojas 3-3 ret. :oh: :)

Now, another test, QF. vs (7)Daria Mironova :cheer:

Losing Streak Mar 8th, 2013 10:12 PM

She lost 6-3 3-6 1-6 :hug:

A good week eventually! :)

Belle de Jour Mar 9th, 2013 12:27 PM

On March 18th, when the new WTA rankings will be out, Ilka will be ranked between 852 and 855 (actual ranking: 1068), after the quaterfinal show in Sharm el Sheikh :worship:

Well done, Ilka! Hope you'll make the top 500 shortly after!:)

Losing Streak Mar 9th, 2013 01:27 PM

:cheer: :D

Belle de Jour Mar 9th, 2013 01:41 PM

Beautiful and talented Ilka in a television appearance back in 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaOY6OuDGoo

Losing Streak Mar 9th, 2013 01:58 PM

Thank you! :D (and welcome, btw! :kiss: :hug:)

Do you know if she has Hungarian origins? For some reason, her name sounds quite Hungarian to me, but I have no clue in Hungarian nor in Romanian :lol: :p

Belle de Jour Mar 9th, 2013 02:09 PM

Thanks!

She is originally from Cluj-Napoca, which is located in Romania (rather close with the Hungarian border) and has a big community of Hungarians. Her name is definitely Hungarian, but she is a Romanian (perhaps of Hungarian heritage and origins).

Losing Streak Mar 9th, 2013 02:53 PM

Thank you for your answer, that's exactly what I thought :p