TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Serena: I stayed at a two out of a 10, and I can't play that low.'' (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=496146)

Daniel Feb 18th, 2013 05:01 AM

Serena: I stayed at a two out of a 10, and I can't play that low.''

Her words after the final match in Doha, a sore loser or perhaps some truth in her words? Not at her best, but still Serena beat quality players in Doha and managed to take 2 times GS champion Azarenka to 3 sets in the final.

If so, can she play at a higher level in Dubai?

Discuss

Pops Maellard Feb 18th, 2013 05:02 AM

Re: Serena: I stayed at a two out of a 10, and I can't play that low.''

If she'd played at 2/10 Vika wouldn't have lost more than a couple of games to her :confused:.

Drake1980 Feb 18th, 2013 05:02 AM

Of course she can play better, sounds motivated to do so too. :)

Gilas. Feb 18th, 2013 05:05 AM

I see no lies. Her serve deserted her at crucial moments, and lazy footwork made her leak errors. She needs to play better than that. Azarenka took full advantage and played at a very high level in that third set and deserved to win, definitely.

Daniel Feb 18th, 2013 05:06 AM

Any sign of the ankle injury totally gone?

L'Enfant Sauvage Feb 18th, 2013 05:12 AM

Thank you Vika :hearts:

YASS you mathematic Queen, breaking her game down into percentages AND fractions :bowdown:

Anyway, it's obvious hyperbole after a tough loss. The only thing really close to 2/10 was the serve... Serena can win when the serve isn't winning her boatloads of free points, but when the serve is a liability in and of itself, like it has been in the past three days? She might want to consult Lena D about that :lol:

And are you really curious about our thoughts on her play, or just want a bash thread open? :lol:

Vartan Feb 18th, 2013 05:17 AM

:worship: Sarin.

taloki Feb 18th, 2013 05:21 AM

Obviously. Sarin speaks the truth. :worship:

20% Serena loses to Caro in straights: 4-6 4-6.

20% Serena loses to Vika in a tight three-setter: 6-7(6) 6-2 3-6.

Caro > Vika :oh:

b2b Feb 18th, 2013 05:35 AM

always the figure of speech to me

yeah she could say 50, 60% but does that really make a huge difference?

2-11 that's 20% more likely

Matt01 Feb 18th, 2013 06:17 AM

Serena :hearts:
Just when you thought her post-loss-comments couldn't get any better :tape:

Quote:

Originally Posted by taloki (Post 24634698)
Obviously. Sarin speaks the truth. :worship:

20% Serena loses to Caro in straights: 4-6 4-6.

20% Serena loses to Vika in a tight three-setter: 6-7(6) 6-2 3-6.

Caro > Vika :oh:

:lol:

dencod16 Feb 18th, 2013 06:33 AM

The only time i saw her really praise herself was against Kirilenko. Usually she rates her performance 7/10. Her Wimbledon was around 40% so this performance is definitely lower than that.

Alarmed Feb 18th, 2013 06:34 AM

Vika played well, but as always this match was on Serena's racket. She had 21 more winners than Azarenka (51 to 30 for Azarenka) and leaked about 50 UEs. You can't win a match hitting 48 UEs. Not against a player who is going to give you far fewer UEs like Azarenka. Also why she lost to Wozniacki in Miami last year.

NashaMasha Feb 18th, 2013 06:37 AM

Next time pls play your 20% vs Sharapova .... i will be OK with your post match "I stayed at a 0,03 out of a 10, and I can't play that low."

hERi Feb 18th, 2013 06:45 AM

Vika also told me that she played at a 1.5 out of a 10...so what?? losers complain, winners....

yashwanth Feb 18th, 2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel (Post 24634394)
Her words after the final match in Doha, a sore loser or perhaps some truth in her words? Not at her best, but still Serena beat quality players in Doha and managed to take 2 times GS champion Azarenka to 3 sets in the final.

If so, can she play at a higher level in Dubai?

Discuss

I am having this weird resemblance with Federer situation against Nadal few years ago. Few years ago Federe dominated ATP like Serena dominating WTA these years by almost winning every tournament he enters. Then Nadal came and started to defeat Federer first on Clay and then on hard and then on Grass even. So the remaining ATP players like Djokovic and others took inspiration from this and they also started to believe that they can beat Fedrer and today even Julien Benneteau was able to beat Federer. Now I am seeing Vika doing the same to Serena in WTA as Nadal did to Federer in ATP, which I think overall good for tennis. But all this theory holds good only if Azarenka can again beat Serena in Dubai if both play again. What you guys think?