TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Who is more of a pusher? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=491490)

Thirty All Feb 10th, 2013 05:54 PM

Who is more of a pusher?

Who is more of a pusher: the Woz or Aga?
I can't help but think that Woz can play effective offense (despite losing to Pazcek at Wimbledon and Kuznetsova at Australian Open).
Agatha, meanwhile, cannot effectively play offense, she truly is the Queen Vulture, in points and rankings. Her quarterfinal against Li Na saw her trying as hard as she could to hit with power, but they were still floaters for Li Na to attack.

What does TF think? :kiss:

Mahon_Lorcan Feb 10th, 2013 05:56 PM

Re: Who is more of a pusher?

Pazcek especially.

Golan Feb 10th, 2013 06:17 PM

>Queen Vulture
>Wozniacki in your sign.

:facepalm:

Israel Feb 10th, 2013 06:23 PM

Caro... At least Aga has a forehand to work with and some good volleying.

Thirty All Feb 10th, 2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koyak (Post 24274906)
>Queen Vulture
>Wozniacki in your sign.

:facepalm:

I don't deny Wozniacki's game style, but I know she can play better offense.

bobito Feb 10th, 2013 07:09 PM

It's complete nonsense to describe Radwanska as a "pusher". Radwanska is a skillful player with good tactical nous, something most modern players are sorely lacking in. Tennis is not just about blasting winners. Radwanska is very good at knowing what her opponent least wants her to do and doing just that. That requires a fair bit of skill and variety of shot. A pusher is a player who relies entirely upon defense. Radwanska isn't even close to that. The same is true, though perhaps to a lesser extent, of Wozniacki.

dsanders06 Feb 10th, 2013 07:16 PM

Woz hits a slightly beefier ball, Radwanska has a slightly more offensive mindset.

Next.

Womp Up The Jamz Feb 10th, 2013 07:19 PM

Being capable of hitting a bigget ball doesn't necessarily equate to being offensive. Radwanska is not a pushet. Wozniacki can be.

backhandsmash Feb 10th, 2013 07:20 PM

Very true. Aga really is Brainiac compared to the rest of the tour's supermen. Still somehow loses though.

Brad[le]y. Feb 10th, 2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsanders06 (Post 24277930)
Woz hits a slightly beefier ball, Radwanska has a slightly more offensive mindset.

Next.

+1

Blu€ Feb 10th, 2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backhandsmash (Post 24278098)
Very true. Aga really is Brainiac compared to the rest of the tour's supermen. Still somehow loses though.

:oh::lol:

Boxuan Feb 10th, 2013 08:23 PM

Generally speaking,
Woz: pusher
Aga: retriever
Kerber: grinder

or whatever, those Poles are all good defenders :shrug:

Spencer. Feb 10th, 2013 08:25 PM

I see Aga trying to win points. The drop shots and sometimes she hits an "Aga powerful" fhdtl. I see Wozniacki waiting for points to be over (whether with a bh winner dtl or opponent UE.)

So in essence Wozniacki more of a pusher.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

ScrubLove Feb 10th, 2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsanders06 (Post 24277930)

Next.

Pretty much exactly this. One doesn't need to be trying to blast winners from every corner of the court to be considered offensive. Wozniacki can be offensive especially with her backhand and Radwanska will look to get her opponent out of position with a series of awkward shots so that she can end the point without some of the pure power that others have.

Having said that, I think Aga employs her offensive strategy a bit more often than Wozniacki so I guess I'd say she's more offensive overall even though Caro does hit a bit harder on a regular basis.

backhandsmash Feb 10th, 2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blu€ (Post 24279818)
:oh::lol:

Yeah I'm just gonna let that one slide...