TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Blast from the Past (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Wendy Turnbull - life post tour? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=484906)

renstar Jan 26th, 2013 11:28 PM

Wendy Turnbull - life post tour?

Just saw Wendy Turbulll as one of the guests of the AO.she has stacked on the weight and looks like a lot of middle aged women you would see around. Sad really if she's going to have bad health from letting herself go so much. Just some questions if anyone knows?

- was she a confirmed lesbian or never came out? If so any partners?

- why did she move permanently to the US?

- does she coach? Commentate or have anything to do with tennis?

Sam L Jan 27th, 2013 12:02 AM

Re: Wendy Turnbull - life post tour?

I remember her commentating on Australian TV back in the early 90s. But other than that no. She retired when I was just starting to get into tennis.

PamShriver Jan 27th, 2013 06:32 AM

Wendy is/was partnered with Ana Laird, Chris Evert's best friend from high school and a tour official. Don't think Wendy ever officially came out but I don't think she ever tried to hide her love for the beaver.

renstar Jan 27th, 2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PamShriver (Post 23735602)
Wendy is/was partnered with Ana Laird, Chris Evert's best friend from high school and a tour official. Don't think Wendy ever officially came out but I don't think she ever tried to hide her love for the beaver.

.....love for the beaver :lol::lol::lol:

Well maybe she thought if she came out some of her nanna fans would choke on their chicken sandwich to know their lil rabbit munched on more than grass:tape:

Rollo Jan 28th, 2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

That somewhat explains why she was good buds with Chris and took vacations with the Evert-Lloyds and Johan and Tish Kriek.

daze11 Jan 31st, 2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rollo (Post 23795633)
That somewhat explains why she was good buds with Chris and took vacations with the Evert-Lloyds and Johan and Tish Kriek.

I ALWAYS wondered that myself!! It does explain a lot...

Rollo Jan 31st, 2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

I ALWAYS wondered that myself!! It does explain a lot...
I wonder if Johan Kreik was as wild as some say....

I recall seeing Turnbull on skis when she vacayed with the Krieks. Was "Wonder Woman" Lynda Carter ever part fo that crowd?

daze11 Feb 1st, 2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rollo (Post 23914257)
I wonder if Johan Kreik was as wild as some say....

I recall seeing Turnbull on skis when she vacayed with the Krieks. Was "Wonder Woman" Lynda Carter ever part fo that crowd?

I have a feeling.... she WAS! :bolt: :drool:

And she WAS the one with the lasso.

Pat Bateman Feb 1st, 2013 09:15 PM

So what was the story with Wendy and Andrea Jaeger? I know there was a thread here about it years ago but i'm a bit fuzzy on the details.

Did they have something going on before Wendy hooked up with Ana Laird?

DennisFitz Feb 7th, 2013 05:10 AM

I always knew what team Wendy played for. But she struck me as someone who didn't want to be too open about it.
I wasn't aware of the relationship with Ana. Anyone have any details?
Kind of interesting that sleek, quick rabbit Wendy ballooned post-career. But the few times I heard as a commentator, I thought she was pretty good.

Helen Lawson Feb 8th, 2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Bateman (Post 23953225)
So what was the story with Wendy and Andrea Jaeger? I know there was a thread here about it years ago but i'm a bit fuzzy on the details.

Did they have something going on before Wendy hooked up with Ana Laird?

Dude, Andrea is married to Jesus. :tape:

newmark401 Feb 9th, 2013 11:43 AM

I like when a player is able to keep her private life private. Although I was never a big fan of Gabriela Sabatini, I think she, like Wendy Turnbull, was able to do that.
-----