TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Do you like Sloane's personality? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=482393)

Kworb Jan 23rd, 2013 01:13 PM

Do you like Sloane's personality?

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...922456542.html

Q. How did you keep your focus when she was off court? Had you experienced that sort of thing? How did you keep your focus?
SLOANE STEPHENS: Uhm, I just I mean, I kind of just was hanging out. Just chillax and gave me a little break. I don't know.
I mean, I've gotten it a lot recently. In the last three weeks it's happened to me a lot, so I was prepared. I kind of like go through like some things in my head and then look and see what my coach is doing. And he was eating a chicken sandwich when that happened.
So, I mean, kind of just little things. But it doesn't really bother me as much anymore.

Q. You went for the Smartphone pretty fast after the match. I know you were looking for a text from your mom. What was the first thing you saw?
SLOANE STEPHENS: I couldn't really do anything because the messages were coming in, so I couldn't read like anything. I was like, Wait, this is pointless. So I just put it down.
But, yeah, my mom. I couldn't reach my mom. I called. So I had to call my brother and he couldn't even talk. He was like freaking out. I was like, Okay, where's mom? I was like, Okay, never mind. Bye.
But, yeah, I did talk to them.

Q. I know you're a big tweeter. How many followers did you have before this match?
SLOANE STEPHENS: I had 17,000; now I have 35,000 (smiling).

Q. So you should just beat Serena more and more and keep doubling and doubling.
SLOANE STEPHENS: Yeah, definitely. And John Legend tweeted me. Dirk tweeted me. I mean, I'm just excited. I want John Legend to sing at my wedding. I was like, Oh, my God. He tweeted me. What can I do? I don't know. I'm still thinking.

Q. How many messages did you end up with on your phone?
SLOANE STEPHENS: Well, I have like 200 and something now. Wait, I can tell you how many. 213 on this one. This is kind of cool. Yeah, I have 213 on this one, and then I don't use this one. I only talk to one person, two people on this phone, and I had like 20 messages. I was like, Oh, interesting.
But, yeah.

Q. How on earth are you going to respond or reply?
SLOANE STEPHENS: Well, I'm still trying to figure that out because I thought it was free to receive text messages, but someone told me otherwise. So I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do, because otherwise my phone bill is going to be crazy and my mom is going to be like, Oh, my God, your phone bill.
She's going to be like, The money you were going to buy yourself something nice with, you're going to pay your phone bill.

Q. When is the moment walking through the corridors when you sort of pinch yourself and say, I've done this?
SLOANE STEPHENS: No, I was stretching, and I was like, I'm in the semis of a Grand Slam. I was like, Whoa. It wasn't as hard as I thought. But it's pretty cool.

Q. Back to the very start of the match in warmup, Bernard Tomic said after playing Federer that before the match he kind of felt good, and then they started reading out the honor roll. Did you go through anything like that, having it play with your mind?
SLOANE STEPHENS: I was thinking I actually had to think in my head, I was like, Do they really have to read all of her championships? I was like, Really?
But, uhm, I was okay. I literally was thinking in my head, Is he seriously reading every single tournament she's won? It was okay. I thought about it for two seconds, but it was fine.

Q. After the US Open, if someone would have told you Australian Open semifinals in four months, what would you have said?
SLOANE STEPHENS: Let's do it. Let's just go ahead and do it.
Obviously a lot of hard work. Just grateful to be in this position and just happy that, uhm, everything that I've done has come together.

Samsuin Jan 23rd, 2013 01:18 PM

Re: Do you like Sloane's personality?

Can't tell much about her personality because i know maybe 3 interviews and nothing more.

GAGAlady Jan 23rd, 2013 01:34 PM

She's. Deff a cool chick, she's young smart funny and she has sass but not in a bad way she has a good personality. Her in court personality is very almost demure and non aggressive compared to Serena but when she talks she has a good energy and she's funny. Deff a fan now

alexjones Jan 23rd, 2013 01:36 PM

I think she's an arrogant little prick that needs to be put in her place, had Serena been on top form she wouldn't have stood a chance, hell she might not have even gotten past Laura if he weren't for her shoulder injury, she barely managed to win her 4th round match against a realatively unknown player. hopefully aza makes short work of her in the semis.

nelsondan Jan 23rd, 2013 01:41 PM

i like her. she seems ready for a good career, both mentally and physically.

Hachiko Jan 23rd, 2013 01:43 PM

She's very likeable, slightly arrogant I think but she's still young and has every reason to be.

WowWow Jan 23rd, 2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hachiko (Post 23521921)
She's very likeable, slightly arrogant I think but she's still young and has every reason to be.

How is she arrogant?

marineblue Jan 23rd, 2013 01:52 PM

She comes across quite arrogant to me,she sounds as if she considered herself one of the best already after having her only good slam run. Oh well, I guess many would be confident after beating Serena. :shrug:

BH both wings Jan 23rd, 2013 01:57 PM

I really, really hope this absolute fluke GS SF will not do harm to her as a tennis player nor as a person.

njnetswill Jan 23rd, 2013 01:58 PM

"The money you were going to buy yourself something nice with, you're going to pay your phone bill."

:lol:

I love any player thatis capable of saying something other than "It was a tough match. I focused on each point and tried my best."

sweetpeas Jan 23rd, 2013 02:05 PM

I really, really hope this absolute fluke GS SF will not do harm to her as a tennis player nor as a person.

So true I've seen it happen to the best.I wish Sloane can win the whole thing.

pancake Jan 23rd, 2013 02:05 PM

I don't think she's arrogant. I think she just speaks her mind and doesn't think much about her choice of words. I mean, didn't she cry in the on-court interview after bating Serena? She couldn't believe it too, if she really thought she's that good, I doubt she would be that emotional.

duhcity Jan 23rd, 2013 02:07 PM

I liked the ESPN Sportscenter bit better where she said she wanted to play Serena, not Kiri, in the quarters because she wanted to have the top matchup, and to put on a show.

Good personality for tennis.

Boxuan Jan 23rd, 2013 02:10 PM

Too soon to tell, our relationship has just started.:facepalm:

Imperfect Angel Jan 23rd, 2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAGAlady (Post 23521481)
She's. Deff a cool chick, she's young smart funny and she has sass but not in a bad way she has a good personality. Her in court personality is very almost demure and non aggressive compared to Serena but when she talks she has a good energy and she's funny. Deff a fan now

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hachiko (Post 23521921)

Pretty much these. You can sense she has the potential to be b*tchy/arrogant at times.:oh: the way she answered she needs to have her own poster :spit: