TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Asia (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Yamasaki Haruna (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=48231)

King Aaron Dec 13th, 2002 01:03 PM

Yamasaki Haruna

Anybody knows if this young junior has got talent?

adlysha babalu Dec 13th, 2002 01:34 PM

ermmm aaron..did she beat toi siew ee in the finals of the penang open juniors championship..??

i dont think they are that good..thats why they come down to malaysia to play tournaments like penang open..otherwise they will be participating in higher grade junior tournament like in thailand, Indonesia or Brunei..

But maybe this young junior got the talent..

Rising Sun Dec 13th, 2002 04:59 PM

I'll see what I can find out...

Adlysha, Haruna might very well be 13 or 14 year old, with hardly any international experience. She has to start somewhere, before we see her in the slightly "bigger" tourneys. We'll see how she performs in later tourneys.

King Aaron Dec 14th, 2002 03:57 PM

Yes, that's the girl who beat Siew Ee in the finals. I just thought Siew Ee is quite good in my opinion. So she lost 5-7, 6-4, 6-3 to Haruna, I just wanted to know where Haruna's standerd is.

Thanks in advance danker! :D

adlysha babalu Dec 15th, 2002 02:15 PM

ermmm haruna will be around 14 years old i guess..coz siew ee is in form 2..oh yeahh siew ee improved so much compaire to the previous years..she's also a good doubles player..Siew Ee's dad is a coach..

yeahh tough fight..so she might be better than siew ee a little

King Aaron Dec 15th, 2002 05:01 PM

Do you think Siew Ee can be Malaysia's first top 500 tennis player? It'd be great if Chin Bee could do that though. Siew Ee has a younger sis right?

adlysha babalu Dec 21st, 2002 09:26 AM

aaron: siew ee if she's going to be active in tennis after form 5 than maybe..coz most of the good and talented players..after form 5 they stop playing tennis to continue their studies..

yeahh siew ee has a younger sis..starting with siew..
siew ee is Jen (disney buzz host) step-sister

King Aaron Dec 21st, 2002 12:33 PM

:) i've noticed that as well. most of our country's top players are those who studied and played college tennis in the US

adlysha, you've told me many times about Siew Ee being Jien's step sister ;)

by the way, i'm not very sure about your name. you only told me once. it starts with an a as well right?

Rising Sun Dec 21st, 2002 03:11 PM

I've tried to search for info on Haruna...

but nothing. :(

I presume she's based in SE Asia. :confused:

King Aaron Dec 22nd, 2002 05:14 PM

I don't know about her being based in SE Asia. I think it's not practical for a young girl like her to be far away from home. Thanks for searching. :D

Rising Sun Dec 23rd, 2002 02:44 AM

It's possible her whole family is based in SE Asia due to her parents' occupation, etc. I doubt she'd come to SE Asia only to develop her 'game' as the coaching and facilities would be better at home for her. ;)

King Aaron Dec 23rd, 2002 05:20 PM

Oh, yeah that's possible if you put it that way.