TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Serena and Maria are in the best shape ever (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=479322)

TSequoia01 Jan 19th, 2013 12:05 AM

Serena and Maria are in the best shape ever

And I mean ever. Serena's hips are thin and her legs are all time modern thin. Maria seems like she has been weight training or at least resistance training. Have not focused in on Vika but she had better be prepared. Maria is coming and it seems like Serena is waiting.

Gentleman Jan 19th, 2013 12:15 AM

Re: Serena and Maria are in the best shape ever

I agree. However, some inner feeling tells me one of them will not reach the final of AO, although it would be a great match. They will compete for #1 during this season, that's inevitable. :)

DemWilliamsGulls Jan 19th, 2013 12:29 AM

I'm just waiting to see the next scoreboard of Serena VS Maria after Venus loss today...lol I think Serena is going to go HAM on this child the next meeting....lol I hope it is a final with those 2...but who knows neither of them may not make it. I'm hoping Serena does though...

TSequoia01 Jan 19th, 2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemWilliamsGulls (Post 23238522)
I'm just waiting to see the next scoreboard of Serena VS Maria after Venus loss today...lol I think Serena is going to go HAM on this child the next meeting....lol I hope it is a final with those 2...but who knows neither of them may not make it. I'm hoping Serena does though...

You know there for the first time is something different. Not Venus, it is Maria's outward appearance. She appears much stronger. Not a little but a significant amount, and she knows it.

StoneRose Jan 19th, 2013 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemWilliamsGulls (Post 23238522)

I think they both reach the final. From what i saw i don't think Vika has much chance against Serena this time, much less than in USO. Aga is in good form and Maria will have a tough match against her. She seems on fire though and if she ever has a chance against Serena it might be right now. I would bet on Vika against Maria most of the time on HC but i'm not sorry they probably won't meet this time. All these ideas of revenge on big Sis are nonsense of course, Serena will try her utmost whatever.

TSequoia01 Jan 19th, 2013 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneRose (Post 23251810)
I think they both reach the final. From what i saw i don't think Vika has much chance against Serena this time, much less than in USO. Aga is in good form and Maria will have a tough match against her. She seems on fire though and if she ever has a chance against Serena it might be right now. I would bet on Vika against Maria most of the time on HC but i'm not sorry they probably won't meet this time. All these ideas of revenge on big Sis are nonsense of course, Serena will try her utmost whatever.

I agree Maria is on a mission and this time she has never been more serious. Serena knows it, those 207kmh serves are not accident or lucky. They are pushups.

Dominic Jan 19th, 2013 04:29 AM

To be honest I didn't think Maria was THAT impressive against Venus, especially towards the end, a lot of UE

Craig. Jan 19th, 2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic (Post 23253658)
To be honest I didn't think Maria was THAT impressive against Venus, especially towards the end, a lot of UE

Same here.

HRHoliviasmith Jan 19th, 2013 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominic (Post 23253658)

:hi5:

brehondavis Jan 19th, 2013 04:42 AM

I think everyone is underestimating Li Na...I think it's gonna be a Li vs Serena final..

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

effedcamel Jan 19th, 2013 05:32 AM

Maria's definitely gotten leaner and but much more toned, a la Djokovic. Serena has been in great shape since OG at least...tbh I thought she looked great back during her 2011 summer run and then bloated a bit during the first part of 2012.

Sam L Jan 19th, 2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSequoia01 (Post 23237778)
Maria seems like she has been weight training or at least resistance training.

Really? She looks the same to me. :confused: But Serena's definitely in the shape of her life since around OG last year.

TSequoia01 Jan 19th, 2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam L (Post 23258466)
Really? She looks the same to me. :confused: But Serena's definitely in the shape of her life since around OG last year.

The same? No way is Maria the same size, if she hurt her collar it was from lifting.

Stonerpova Jan 19th, 2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by effedcamel (Post 23255242)
Maria's definitely gotten leaner and but much more toned, a la Djokovic. Serena has been in great shape since OG at least...tbh I thought she looked great back during her 2011 summer run and then bloated a bit during the first part of 2012.

+1. Serena looks unbelievably fit now. And I agree that Maria seems to have toned up a lot as well.

Vincey! Jan 19th, 2013 08:57 PM

Serena is indeed in her best form ever fitness wise. I was so impressed to see how thin her tummy looked. All muscle still but she seems a bit leaner. Of course her ankle injury seems to have put some doubts in her mind but I'm sure if she'd be to face Maria she's totally forget about it. Maria's body is probably the best she's had I agree. Maria is in great form but not her best form, definitely not her peak but at least she's serving much better and her shots are deeper than last year. Still needs to cut down on the UEs, specially when she's in a winning position. She's closer to her peak for than she has even been since her shoulder surgery tho.