TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Venezuela denies visa for 16.5 Israeli Valeria Patiuk to play junior G1 tournament (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=473067)

oren987 Jan 4th, 2013 05:08 AM

Venezuela denies visa for 16.5 Israeli Valeria Patiuk to play junior G1 tournament

http://www.israeltennisresults.com/a...sa-from-patiuk

vamos israel Jan 5th, 2013 02:15 AM

Re: Venezuela denies visa for 16.5 Israeli Valeria Patiuk to play junior G1 tournamen

i think the ITF needs to punish Venezuela hardly...

i dont like involing tennis and politiks...

Patrick345 Jan 5th, 2013 02:19 AM

Re: Venezuela denies visa for 16.5 Israeli Valeria Patiuk to play junior G1 tournamen

Is she 16.5% Israeli and 83.5% somehting else or is that the visa application form number. Needs more information. ;)

TTomek Jan 5th, 2013 02:25 AM

I think 16,5 is her age :unsure:

Vincey! Jan 5th, 2013 02:47 AM

I will never understand why a country would deny the visa of any player. I mean unless your real expectation is that this player is going to come in your country for something else, there's no reason to deny them a visa. It's not like if Venezuela is in direct conflict with Israel either. On the other hand, if the Venezuela's laws or borders forbid the entrance to Israelis then the tournament can't do anything about that. The ITF has no power on the country laws, only on the tournaments at some level.

August Jan 5th, 2013 03:53 AM

Venezuela denying visa from an Israeli citizen? Alright. I can imagine there can be situations when a country doen't want people from certain countries, even though I don't think that was the case now.

But ITF should threaten to take tournaments off from Venezuela and do that if things don't change.

Petkorazzi Jan 5th, 2013 06:22 AM

I don't know the relations between the two countries, but if it's bad why would you send a junior to a country where it might be dangerous? :lol: And it's not like it's a GA or a slam, there's G1s everywhere.

ptkten Jan 5th, 2013 06:30 AM

No surprise, Venezuela is a backward dictatorship that deserves to be shunned. I'm pretty left wing but anyone who tries to defend Chavez and his authoritarian government has no idea what they're talking about.

améliemomo Jan 5th, 2013 08:31 AM

Brazil doesnt recognize Israel so should the wta punish this country too??of course not.

just read at what nonsense you spot on. Israel is not popular and you perfectly the reasons, if Venezuela is known of being a dicatorship so what do we say about Israel?(genocide,illegal colonisation,racisme...) If the country policy in Venezuela is like that well that their concern, it is interior policy and wta nor any other autority can interfere in it. Just live with that. Not every country must be with Israel and THANK GOD many are NOT.

adner Jan 5th, 2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by améliemomo (Post 22691663)
Brazil doesnt recognize Israel so should the wta punish this country too??of course not.

just read at what nonsense you spot on. Israel is not popular and you perfectly the reasons, if Venezuela is known of being a dicatorship so what do we say about Israel?(genocide,illegal colonisation,racisme...) If the country policy in Venezuela is like that well that their concern, it is interior policy and wta nor any other autority can interfere in it. Just live with that. Not every country must be with Israel and THANK GOD many are NOT.

It's not about being with Israel. If you host a WTA/ITF tournament in your country, you should not be allowed to handpick the players able to play it. It's against common sense.

currie84 Jan 5th, 2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptkten (Post 22691223)
No surprise, Venezuela is a backward dictatorship that deserves to be shunned. I'm pretty left wing but anyone who tries to defend Chavez and his authoritarian government has no idea what they're talking about.

what dictatorship?Chavez no matter how much it hurts you is the democratically elected leader of Venezuela.:wavey:

A Magicman Jan 5th, 2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

There's other countries on this planet doing exactly what Israel does and they are well respected countries in this world.

So it must be something else, what drives you folks... and I think I know what it is.

hingis-seles Jan 5th, 2013 09:01 AM

No one is entitled to a visa, so the first thing people need to do is lose the sense of entitlement. It's up to the country to determine who it wants to issue a visa to and who it doesn't - nor does the issuing country owe the applicant any explanation for why the visa is not being issued.

Tenis Srbija Jan 5th, 2013 09:24 AM

16,5 and already a terrorist suspect :lol: You go Venezuela!

Tennis Fool Jan 5th, 2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Brazil doesnt recognize Israel

I didn't know this. Curious to how the Olympics will be handled?