TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Caroline Wozniacki (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1228)
-   -   Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=472621)

C. W. Fields Feb 1st, 2012 08:02 AM

Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

The last volume has passed 5000 posts, time to start a new one.

James Dec 29th, 2012 04:40 PM

Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Volume 5
Volume 4
Volume 3
Volume 2
Volume 1

Fantasy Hero Dec 29th, 2012 05:39 PM

first one :cheer:

CWTennis Dec 29th, 2012 05:45 PM

I think it's good that she got a tough draw! If she wants to get back to the top and win big titles again, she has to learn how to beat top players!
But I agree with Protoss about Caro playing doubles. I think that could only help her game! There is many players ( Aga, Vika, Petra, Sam...) who have played quite a lot of doubles before they got to the very top!

goldenlox Dec 29th, 2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWTennis (Post 22646151)
I think it's good that she got a tough draw! If she wants to get back to the top and win big titles again, she has to learn how to beat top players!
But I agree with Protoss about Caro playing doubles. I think that could only help her game! There is many players ( Aga, Vika, Petra, Sam...) who have played quite a lot of doubles before they got to the very top!

I think Caroline has to get her singles game sorted out. Doubles is played differently. She dropped off in singles form and needs to do better at holding serve and playing big points. This goes back to her last match vs Petrova, where Caroline couldnt hold serve and lost almost every big point in the match

terjw Dec 29th, 2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenlox (Post 22646366)
I think Caroline has to get her singles game sorted out. Doubles is played differently. She dropped off in singles form and needs to do better at holding serve and playing big points. This goes back to her last match vs Petrova, where Caroline couldnt hold serve and lost almost every big point in the match

I don't think it's a case of one or the other. I see the best way of improving her serve as being with a coach and training. Of all shots most under a player's control - it's the serve. So in theory - that should be the easiest to coach and improve on during practice. I agree with you that I don't think playing doubles would help her on that.

But I do think she got worse at the net during 2012 whereas I thought that was an area she really looked like she she was getting better at and getting quite good at the net before that. I can understand her not wanting to play doubles when she was winning tournaments and her time was all taken up with her singles matches and she was improving at the net anyway.

But now - I think doubles would be a good idea to help improve her net play and try to build up some practice and confidence at the net. I don't in any way see that as a substitute for coaching/training and working on other/all aspects of her game.

goldenlox Dec 29th, 2012 08:02 PM

Even volleying in doubles is different than singles. There are really good volleyers who dont rush the net in singles, because in singles, the key is when to approach & what shot to hit as you come in. You dont just hit it back and come in. That gives your opponent a big advantage.

Anyway, if she improves in singles, she wont want to spend all afternoon waiting around for her doubles match, and if she cant improve her singles, I dont think doubles will help

bruce goose Dec 30th, 2012 01:24 AM

Hello folks:wavey:!This could just be a case where Caro's smile causes illogical,infectious optimism,but I think she'll be more solid than she was in 2012.Am still not confident enough to predict a lengthy stay in the top 5;however,we'll see some easily visible improvement,IMO

Off-topic: Just saw Chrissie Fan's banner:hearts:--am not jealous of Rory,but will be available for Caro Consolation Service in case her bf loses his mind and looks for some inevitably-inferior replacement for our Sunshine:angel:

Protoss Dec 30th, 2012 08:35 AM

So who's providing technical coaching or advice for Caro? I think she needs someone other than Piotr for that, some kind of technical consultant or adviser.

goldenlox Dec 30th, 2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoss (Post 22651300)
So who's providing technical coaching or advice for Caro? I think she needs someone other than Piotr for that, some kind of technical consultant or adviser.

I wonder also. If this form drop off is because they both decided to change her forehand technique when she was #1 by 3000 points, a young superstar, then it was a crazy, dangerous decision. She might never recover from it.
But it might be she cant focus and produce good tennis anymore.
We dont know exactly why she isnt the player she used to be, but its almost 2 full years since she was in a final above a Tier 2. This is a Tier 1 with a Tier 1 field, so it will tell a lot, same with AO

rucolo Dec 30th, 2012 04:37 PM

Hi everybody ! ;)

Love Caroline`s smart game and amazing backhand. Let`s hope she finishes 2013 in Top 5 :rocker2:

Chrissie-fan Dec 30th, 2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rucolo (Post 22653210)
Hi everybody ! ;)

Love Caroline`s smart game and amazing backhand. Let`s hope she finishes 2013 in Top 5 :rocker2:

Thanks, and welcome. :)

TennisFan66 Dec 30th, 2012 06:49 PM

^^ Hey, Chrissie. Is that Caro in your sig photo? :devil: I am assuming it's her, coz of the tennis ball and tennis racket.

Chrissie-fan Dec 30th, 2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisFan66 (Post 22653744)
^^ Hey, Chrissie. Is that Caro in your sig photo? :devil: I am assuming it's her, coz of the tennis ball and tennis racket.

Actually, it's Serena Williams doing a Caro impersonation with her Caro lookalike mask and wig.

Fantasy Hero Dec 30th, 2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan (Post 22653806)
Actually, it's Serena Williams doing a Caro impersonation with her Caro lookalike mask and wig.

can't decide which one works better so i'll use both: