TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   General Messages (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Azarenka is going to flop this season: Flop #1 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=472507)

Smitten Dec 28th, 2012 03:12 AM

Azarenka is going to flop this season: Flop #1

Discuss.

Trih Dec 28th, 2012 03:14 AM

Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

:spit:

Lucyxx Dec 28th, 2012 03:15 AM

Discuss Vika's great attitude?

Sure. Works hard. I met her off court. Whether she loses top 10 status in a couple years or not, we'll see. She will not be disheartened.

She's very consistant. Don't think the fame will get to her head.

I see a change personally in her personality since moving way up in the rankings (like top 3-5), but I don't think that will change her on court determination.

MrProdigy555 Dec 28th, 2012 03:17 AM

Nah, I don't think so. She seems to be different from the other flops from her generation. Plus, her level of play is generally very consistent.

quenelle Dec 28th, 2012 03:30 AM

I doubt it. But if she does, I'll blame it all on Redfoo.

Vincey! Dec 28th, 2012 03:41 AM

Depends what you would consider a flop for her :shrug:. I don't think she'll repeat her 2012 success but I don't see her out of the top 5 at any point this season.

Lucyxx Dec 28th, 2012 03:43 AM

I think, Vincey, it's very possible she matches her 2012 success even despite how well MariaS/Serena are playing.

When Vika came up from near #100 I saw a player that could hit from the baseline with anybody and I still see her possessing that kind of fire power to this day.

Stonerpova Dec 28th, 2012 03:43 AM

I don't know if she'll win a slam next year, but she'll still be uber-consistent and probably end the year in the top 3. She actually likes being #1, unlike Serena and Sharapova (who don't care) or Ivanovic and the Slamless Ones (who shit their pants). She embraces pressure and believes she can beat anyone (the mental baggage from the US Open final will make it hard for her to ever beat Serena again, but still). I can't stand the girl, but she definitely has the right attitude.

Vincey! Dec 28th, 2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucyxx (Post 22636830)
I think, Vincey, it's very possible she matches her 2012 success even despite how well MariaS/Serena are playing.

When Vika came up from near #100 I saw a player that could hit from the baseline with anybody and I still see her possessing that kind of fire power to this day.

Oh she could have a really similar year but I think it'd be tougher for her this year. I don't think she'll be affected by the "pressure" to back up her 2012 results at all. She's just going to have a tougher competition with Sharapova and Serena playing much better than they were in the early 2012 where Azarenka made alot of points.

Lucyxx Dec 28th, 2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincey! (Post 22636836)
Oh she could have a really similar year but I think it'd be tougher for her this year. I don't think she'll be affected by the "pressure" to back up her 2012 results at all. She's just going to have a tougher competition with Sharapova and Serena playing much better than they were in the early 2012 where Azarenka made alot of points.

I still see Vika playing with a certain consistency, as Sirotkina is 4-4 with Adamczak, that overcomes those pressures in big matches.

I think this Thai Exo vs. Li in a couple of days will prove what I'm talking about.

Vika isn't like past younger players. Her attitude enables her to play her best tennis against tough opposition in impact matches. Maria's injuries caught up with her and she bounced back.

Vika's biggest obstacle is her health. If *knock on wood* she stays healthy, I don't see Kerbers and Lis passing her in the ranks.

Azarenka seems like the kind of talent that could read this forum and all the anti-Vika comments and STILL come out playing her style of quality tennis and come away Vika-torious.

oh yeah i guess Dec 28th, 2012 03:54 AM

Smitten's obsession with Azarenka seems to already be exceeding its already lofty heights with this thread.

Seek help.

Girl will be fine and providing she doesn't miss with injury she won't leave the top 5. :)

Trey Dec 28th, 2012 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincey! (Post 22636836)

I agree & I'm a huge fan of Vika, she won't have a 2012 year, I think more player will be more focus and trying harder too beat her even more after a great year she in had in 2012 this year

Vincey! Dec 28th, 2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucyxx (Post 22636841)
I still see Vika playing with a certain consistency, as Sirotkina is 4-4 with Adamczak, that overcomes those pressures in big matches.

I think this Thai Exo vs. Li in a couple of days will prove what I'm talking about.

Vika isn't like past younger players. Her attitude enables her to play her best tennis against tough opposition in impact matches. Maria's injuries caught up with her and she bounced back.

Vika's biggest obstacle is her health. If *knock on wood* she stays healthy, I don't see Kerbers and Lis passing her in the ranks.

Azarenka seems like the kind of talent that could read this forum and all the anti-Vika comments and STILL come out playing her style of quality tennis and come away Vika-torious.

I totally agree with you, that's why I don't see her out of the top 5 at any point next season. She'll be a consistent player. I don't like her but I don't see how she could break mentally to go down the ranks. She's a secure top player now.

Lucyxx Dec 28th, 2012 04:15 AM

Vika has the perfect build to stay at the top, unlike other players that were at the top around 6 ft. (Ivanovic).

Plus, she's got the determination like Sharapova to remain there.

I don't see anybody being #1 next year aside from Vika/Sharapova/Serena.

Stonerpova Dec 28th, 2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucyxx (Post 22636899)
Vika has the perfect build to stay at the top, unlike other players that were at the top around 6 ft. (Ivanovic).

Plus, she's got the determination like Sharapova to remain there.

I don't see anybody being #1 next year aside from Vika/Sharapova/Serena.

I don't think Ivanovic's fall from the top had anything to do with her build :lol: