TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   The French Connection (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   FFT Play off for GS WC? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=471981)

willrock Dec 11th, 2012 01:53 PM

FFT Play off for GS WC?
 
Guys, what do you think about the USTA & Australian TA idea of a play off tournament to earn a WC for each GS?
I do believe it makes things more fair both for young and end-of career players...

How about it? For example, had we this for 2013 Ao, we could have matches with a decent field : Garcia, Feuerstein, Rezai, Razzano, Pavlovic, Coin, Larriere etc... to decide to French WC.

Lighter Dec 11th, 2012 03:58 PM

Re: FFT Play off for GS WC?
 
You can add under 18 French champion (Clothilde De Bernardi in 2012 on clay).
The questions are : on which surface ? Indoor or outdoor ? Round robin or not ?

Current system is not an effective one. I remember some weird fft choices (Cohen Aloro in 2009). And fft can choose a 29 yrs old player like Razzano in 2013.

willrock Dec 11th, 2012 04:18 PM

Re: FFT Play off for GS WC?
 
exactly they could add young talents like De Bernardi, Suvrijn, Hesse...
I would go for a 8 player format with knock out system.
6 best ranked players that are direct entry into Q draw of the GS to be played next with 2 WCs.
Possibly on the same surface as the GS to be played. For AO I guess Indoor is the only option. For Roland there would be no issue, same applies for US Open. For Wimbledon, hum it would be tricky... ok. Surely they could arrange to play somewhere in the UK with the agreement of the LTA.
With that system, older players like Razzano would at least have earned their WC through some effort & the younger players could only benefit from some practice against more experienced countrywomen.
It could create some competition and the players could only improve thanks to that!
Let me send my proposal to Alexandra Fusai! aha

Lighter Dec 11th, 2012 05:03 PM

Re: FFT Play off for GS WC?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by willrock (Post 22575319)
exactly they could add young talents like De Bernardi, Suvrijn, Hesse...
I would go for a 8 player format with knock out system.
6 best ranked players that are direct entry into Q draw of the GS to be played next with 2 WCs.
Possibly on the same surface as the GS to be played. For AO I guess Indoor is the only option. For Roland there would be no issue, same applies for US Open. For Wimbledon, hum it would be tricky... ok. Surely they could arrange to play somewhere in the UK with the agreement of the LTA.
With that system, older players like Razzano would at least have earned their WC through some effort & the younger players could only benefit from some practice against more experienced countrywomen.
It could create some competition and the players could only improve thanks to that!
Let me send my proposal to Alexandra Fusai! aha

Only WC in exchange with Tennis Autralia and USTA. In Wimbledon, WC are given by tournament director.

FFT choice is always difficult for non granted players. A tournament allows a fair choice : the winner.

willrock Dec 11th, 2012 08:20 PM

Re: FFT Play off for GS WC?
 
Thanks for the reminder about Wimbledon WCs Lighter

Alizé Molik Dec 12th, 2012 12:20 AM

Re: FFT Play off for GS WC?
 
Yes this needs to happen for along time now. Capucine Rousseau anybody?

willrock Dec 13th, 2012 01:54 PM

Re: FFT Play off for GS WC?
 
What about Capucine Rousseau? :confused:

améliemomo Dec 13th, 2012 06:19 PM

Re: FFT Play off for GS WC?
 
la fft est figée dans le temps, va rien changer à ses habitudes:rolleyes:


de bernardi, suvrijn ou hesse elles ont pas le niveau pour passer un tour

le plus sensé serait de l'accorder à caroline garcia qui elle a déja passé un tour de GC à 17 ans

Lighter Dec 14th, 2012 01:43 PM

Re: FFT Play off for GS WC?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by améliemomo (Post 22584220)
la fft est figée dans le temps, va rien changer à ses habitudes:rolleyes:


de bernardi, suvrijn ou hesse elles ont pas le niveau pour passer un tour

le plus sensé serait de l'accorder à caroline garcia qui elle a déja passé un tour de GC à 17 ans

Bien-sûr, elles n'ont pas le niveau. Il suffit de regarder certains résultats récents en Turquie ou à Djibouti.
Mais les Américains et les Australiens donnent leur chance à leurs meilleures juniors. C'est l'occasion de se confronter à meilleur comme Abbie Myers a pu le faire face à Monique Adamczak :
Myers/Adamczak 4:22:00



Concernant la WC, je suis pratiquement sûr qu'elle sera pour Razzano.

willrock Dec 15th, 2012 11:56 AM

Re: FFT Play off for GS WC?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lighter (Post 22586186)
Concernant la WC, je suis pratiquement sûr qu'elle sera pour Razzano.

It'll be tight between Feuerstein (highest ranked not in MD who passed R1 in RG), Garcia (best young player not in MD) and Razzano.
I'm not 100% sure it'd be for Virginie.
Odds are IMO : 60% Razzano, 30% Garcia, 10% Feuerstein

Lighter Dec 15th, 2012 12:50 PM

Re: FFT Play off for GS WC?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by willrock (Post 22588956)
It'll be tight between Feuerstein (highest ranked not in MD who passed R1 in RG), Garcia (best young player not in MD) and Razzano.
I'm not 100% sure it'd be for Virginie.
Odds are IMO : 60% Razzano, 30% Garcia, 10% Feuerstein

Three main things in favor of Razzano :
- She's in fed cup team
- Her coach is Alexia Dechaume-Balleret (you know links she has with Momo)
- Garcia and Feuerstein didn't have really good results end of 2012

I know that from monday will start a new training session for fed cup players in Roland Garros (CNE). I suppose that player with the best level will get the WC :help:

Rafka2 Dec 15th, 2012 07:30 PM

Re: FFT Play off for GS WC?
 
It must be 60% Razzano, 40% Garcia... And Razzano willn't be a bad choice! she often play top 30-20 player...


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.