TennisForum.com  

TennisForum.com (http://www.tennisforum.com/index.php)
-   Non-Tennis (http://www.tennisforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cities with the world's best quality of living - Mercer Quality of Living Index 2012 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=471808)

ViennaCalling Dec 4th, 2012 02:17 PM

Cities with the world's best quality of living - Mercer Quality of Living Index 2012

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/04/bu...iref=allsearch

According to Mercer's 2012 Quality of Living Index Vienna is the best place on planet to live for the 4th year in a row :speakles:

8 cities in the Top 10 are European cities :eek:

Sam L Dec 4th, 2012 08:49 PM

Re: Cities with the world's best quality of living - Mercer Quality of Living Index 2

Let me put it this way, I'd never live in New Zealand no matter how good the quality of life there is.

Sydney is way overrated. I would rather live in Paris or a smaller Italian city.

matthias Dec 4th, 2012 09:36 PM

Re: Cities with the world's best quality of living - Mercer Quality of Living Index 2

wow - so many cities from Germany/Switzerland/Austria in the top10 :cheer:

ce Dec 4th, 2012 10:04 PM

Vienna :hearts:

Julian. Dec 4th, 2012 10:37 PM

Wow Honolulu, Hawaii is actually the city with the best quality of living in the US :speakles::worship:

azdaja Dec 4th, 2012 10:56 PM

vienna is definitely a great and probably the place to live. the only big problem is the weather in the cold part of the year. it's been grey beyond redemption over past couple of weeks :facepalm:

the positive side is, the quality of life is so good that you earn enough money to go to sunny places for a week or 2 in the winter :p

ptkten Dec 4th, 2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian. (Post 22549184)
Wow Honolulu, Hawaii is actually the city with the best quality of living in the US :speakles::worship:

Other than the weather, I highly doubt the vast majority of Americans would want to live in Honolulu. It's remote, extraordinarily expensive, and has extreme disparity between rich and poor. I don't know what the criteria are because I don't even think Honolulu has good public transportation which in my opinion is almost a prerequisite for a livable city. Hawaii does have a pretty good health system though.

Julian. Dec 4th, 2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptkten (Post 22549299)
Other than the weather, I highly doubt the vast majority of Americans would want to live in Honolulu. It's remote, extraordinarily expensive, and has extreme disparity between rich and poor. I don't know what the criteria are because I don't even think Honolulu has good public transportation which in my opinion is almost a prerequisite for a livable city. Hawaii does have a pretty good health system though.

Exactly why I'm surprised Honolulu is #1 US city in that list :lol:

Wiggly Dec 4th, 2012 11:18 PM

Vancouver is a nice place to visit but must be hell on Earth is you aren't wealthy.

I woud rather live in Melbourne rather than Sydney.
Still both cities are hours away from anything else.

KournikovaFan91 Dec 5th, 2012 12:54 AM

Auckland - my second home :hearts: I really miss Pizza Shapes, L&P, Perkynanas, good sushi, free entry to nightclubs, Giapo's ice cream Queen St, and warmer weather :sobbing:

Was in Sydney and since I don't have the body of an adonis I felt so self-conscious, if you aren't hot don't borher trying to live there it must kill people's self-confidence. Plus its expensive too.

wild.river Dec 5th, 2012 01:04 AM

i wonder what nyc is...probably 50-60. i bet we'd move up 20 slots if people started discarding their trash in back alleys instead of front streets.

KournikovaFan91 Dec 5th, 2012 01:04 AM

OMG Belfast worst in Western Europe :lol: :sobbing: :sobbing:

Even Glasgow must have beaten it :oh:

Lord Choc Ice Dec 5th, 2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 (Post 22549521)
Auckland - my second home :hearts: I really miss Pizza Shapes, L&P, Perkynanas, good sushi, free entry to nightclubs, Giapo's ice cream Queen St, and warmer weather :sobbing:

Was in Sydney and since I don't have the body of an adonis I felt so self-conscious, if you aren't hot don't borher trying to live there it must kill people's self-confidence. Plus its expensive too.

Auckland 3rd :hearts:.

I'm not sure if I agree though...do these lists know about NZs horrible murder and child-abuse per capita rate? :o

Lin Lin Dec 5th, 2012 02:15 AM

Where to see the full list?:)

wild.river Dec 5th, 2012 04:04 AM

1. Vienna, Austria
2. Zurich, Switzerland
3. Auckland, New Zealand
4. Munich, Germany
5. Vancouver, Canada*
6. Düsseldorf, Germany
7. Frankfurt, Germany
8. Geneva, Switzerland
9. Copenhagen, Denmark
10. Bern, Switzerland

*unless they lose a hockey game